Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>My babe is killing my back. I've been a huge fan of my Babyhawk since DD1 was a little one and have been carrying the current DD (9 months) in it since she was just a few days old. However, this one has a really bad habit that her sis didn't when she's on my back: she pulls her arms out of the carrier so that it only comes up to her armpits. It throws off my whole center of gravity, which makes my back kill. She's been in it for less than 45 minutes at this point, and I'm dying here.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, as I caught our reflection in the kitchen window, I noticed that she's sitting, in a way, how I see Ergo babies sit. Is that normal for Ergo back carry? Would I be more comfortable in one of them, or is it just DD's bad form? </p>

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<p>Sorry to bump my own post, but...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>doesn't anyone with experience in both Ergos and Mei Tais have any advice? </p>

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
I loved my BH but I had similar issues. The ergo and beco made it much more bearable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
<p> </p>
I have an ergo! My son would not do well in a beco or boba for this reason- he has to have at least one arm out. So my thought would be yes, it sounds like an ergo would be an excellent solution:) the only downside to the ergo for me is it can barely tighten enough to fit me-so I would hesitate to recommend it to very petit mamas. Other than that, I love it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts