Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LivVLW
Hi. I have ana ergo and I LOVE it!!! My husband and I both use it with our almost 19 mo. old and have had it since he was about 4 mo. LOVE IT!!! You can use it front or back.
I hope this helps.

Liv

does this one have padding? is it comfy enough for heavier babies? i am sure he will be getting much bigger soon here!

· Registered
3,886 Posts
I love my Ergo!!

My dh wore my 2yo in it for 45 minutes at the airport. She's 32 lb and he said his back didn't even hurt!!

We just got it last week and we LOVE it already

I have slings galore but they all KILL my SHOULDER after awhile with the 32 lb'er

· Registered
20,366 Posts
I would highly recommend checking out KangarooKorner.com

I have their adjustable fleece pouch and use it with my 2yr and the new one. I love it! Super comfy and cozy. Also very easy to use.

· Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a fleece pouch now and it is really comfy but not easy to use with a back carry. Especially with a 3 1/2 month old. Love fleece pouches! Mine is not adjustable but is really comfy that way. I really need a back carrier that is comfy because I would like to wear him all day. I can wear him in the fleece pouch all day but when he is in the front it is hard to do most housework and caring for my other children.
Thanks for all the opinions on this! Keep em comin!

· Registered
155 Posts
We also love our Ergo and would definitely recommend it.

The Kozy is nice too and probably more versatile (you can do more types of carries) but the Ergo is easier to learn and I like the look better as well. As far as the look though its obviously only my opinion.. with the Kozy you have a choice of several types of fabrics and the tie type straps.. with the Ergo you have the choice of only a few simple colors and the buckle type straps. You can get an Ergo immediately. You have to wait at the very least a month to get a new Kozy.

I would recommend staying away from the Baby Trekker as I've heard its more difficult to get on in the back carry position when compared to both the Ergo and Kozy. And also the baby hangs by the crotch area versus being seated like in the Ergo and Kozy.

· Premium Member
324 Posts
Like everyone else says the ergo is great (love for back carries) but also I feel a mei tai is another must. The baby seems more snuggled next to you especially great for younger babies (under 12mth) and mei tais are much better for front carries than the ergo and mei tai's are prettier too. There is other mei tai's out there with a shorter or no wait time. I agree about the baby trekker being harder to use on your own but I haven't tried the newer version of the baby trekker.

Kim Ann

· Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, since I can make a padded mei tai, and already have it cut out
I guess I will just make that. I was somehow thinking the others might be better. Should have known! It has been used for what, thousands of years!? :LOL

· Registered
2,449 Posts
I wanted to love the Ergo, but I didn't. I think I am just too broad-shouldered or big boobed--it wasn't comfortable for me across the chest in the back carry (my child is way too heavy now for me to manage a front carry).

I used a Baby Trekker for a long time and loved it (again, back carry only). I have read here that the position it holds the child in isn't ideal. I think this is more true for the "facing out" position than for the "facing in" one, where there is a bit more of a seat for the child.

The carrier I use and love is the Patapum. It is much like the Ergo, but slightly less padded, and it fits me better at the chest.

I'm hope this isn't against the rules (mods, let me know--I can edit this part out!
), but I do have my Ergo and my Baby Trekker up for auction on eBay right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.