Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just responded to a couple of other threads and thought I would ask my own question.<br><br>
We just bought a new house and I have a tiny yard, I mean tiny. I have had apartment balconies bigger than my yard.<br><br>
Does anyone have any experience with espalier? I am really interested in learning more about it. I have read a couple of interesting articles but am wondering if anyone knows of a good book or web resource on the subject.<br><br>
Another idea was minature fruit trees. Can you grow mini fruit tree in container outside? I am in zone 6, whould I have to figure out a way to winterize them?<br><br>
Any ideas?

·
Registered
150 Posts
i attended a NOFA (northeast organic farmers assoc) conference in aug. and saw a very interesting lecture on espalier by a man named lee reich, who i believe has written at least one book on the subject. i have another of his books (weedless gardening) which is reallly cool and has changed my whole approach to gardening. the book i have is very easy to understand and fun to read. he ws a great lecturer so i imagine his book on espalier would be a good read.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts