Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to use some orange essential oil in my daughter's room to freshen it up and make it smell good in there (right now, pee pee cloth diapers sometimes get stinky).<br><br>
I've seen the little pots you put candles in to diffuse the oils, as well as the plug-in-the-wall oil diffusers, but I don't want to use either of these for various reasons.<br><br>
Does anyone know of any non-candle/electricity/wasteful ways to make a room smell good with essential oils? I've tried to put a bunch of drops on a cotton ball, and while the ball smells good, the room smells just the same as before.<br><br>
Thanks!<br>
Heather

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
How about a bowl of warm water up high? Or in a mister bottle with water and spray that around on the sheets, carpet ,curtains, etc. I happen to have a forced air furnace in my house, so I just tuck the cotten ball with a couple of drops on it right into the vent.... that works best!

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have a small glass bottle with a misting spray top. I put about 10 drops of lavendar oil in it and fill it to the top with water. It's probably about 3 oz. I guess. It works really well. YOu might want to use more drops of the orange oil to help cover up the peepee smell.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I make my cleaning products and room fresheners. For the room freshener, I used H2O and peppermint essential oil (any oil would work). I mix it in a (gardening type) spray bottle and spray around the floor boards, carpet, bed, etc. I love how it smells.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I 2nd the idea of peppermint EO. I've used that quite a few times and it smells great and lasts a while.<br><br>
Our vents are in the floor, so when dd's room was smelling a little weird, I got a rag damp and put a few drops of EO on it and stuck it down in the duct (where I could still reach it to get it back out later). Once the a/c ran a few times her room smelled a lot better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts