Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My plan is to start ttc next month. This month I did cycle day 3 tests and my estradiol was 95 with my FSH at 6.4. My nurse practioner said that my estrogen is slightly elevated and my FSH is good. Anybody know if this is a really bad sign regarding ovarian reserve? I am only 35 and this news has hit me hard. She didn't say the number was high and was cautiously optimistic, but from my reading if your estradiol is higher you can have a difficult time conceiving.

Any information would be much apprecaited...
:

·
Registered
615 Posts
IMHO: If the nurse said slightly elevated I wouldn't be overly concerned. It's good to keep reading though, so you know everything you can about the levels.

I am always trying to naturally lower my estrogen level, since I'm estrogen dominant. I have no idea if addressing the estrogen issue would effect estradiol levels (I believe it is an estrogen precursor, right?) Maybe do some resreach on that?

The FSH is good for your age. But you're right, it's the two together that tells the storye.

Since you are just starting to TTC, you may find more support and info at the TTC board. Their is a 30 something TTC with lots of mamas with good info. Also, although this doesn't apply to you, the TTC 12+ month board has lots of mamas who have been down the testing road.

Best wishes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.