Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the etiquette for the initial 'shopping around' of midwives here in BC?

I'm guessing the best thing to do is have an initial appointment, and then decide. But it's a bit tricky because of course initial appointments are scheduled at quite different times, especially with the winter holiday in the middle of things in this case.

I'd love to not have to do this at all, but I also want to make sure I get people I feel more comfortable with.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What is the etiquette for the initial 'shopping around' of midwives here in BC?

I'm guessing the best thing to do is have an initial appointment, and then decide. But it's a bit tricky because of course initial appointments are scheduled at quite different times, especially with the winter holiday in the middle of things in this case.

I'd love to not have to do this at all, but I also want to make sure I get people I feel more comfortable with.
If anyone has the same question and sees this thread, many people now have told me that seeing multiple midwives at first is commonly done and perfectly fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.