Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey mamas,

I might be moving to Eugene, I've lived there before, but this time I'm pregnant. Can anyone tell me about some good home birth midwives in the area?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will get her name and number for you. I was so impressed with her, be being a two time C-section/hospital birth mommy. I thought her home birth process was so beautiful and the midwife was WONDERFUL!

Please email me if you need her number.

Courtney

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh Pam Midwife Goddess of the MDC!!! I Pm'd her to get her website! heehee

Honestly, there are so many midwives in Eugene, I simply wouldn't know where to start!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Making any progress? My little sister is moving back to Eugene at the end of the year and is hoping to be preg soon. I lived in Eugene when my kiddos were born but I went witht the Nurse-Midwifery Birth Center and both kids were born in the hospital.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have checked out Pam's website. I really like it, but don't know if I can afford her. I guess I'll have to wait till I get there and see how it feels.

I'm not in a big hurry b/c my good friend is a midwife and lives in OR, she is just too far to be relied upon to deliver the baby.

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
There are lots of midwives, and most have rates that are really flexible. If you have insurance, it is typically covered 70%.
Most midwives have the ability to work with people on what they can afford.

Anyway, we are all pretty flexible - it's one of the benefits of being autonomous!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.