Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are good family friendly places to live in Eugene? I was moving to Corvallis, but a twist of events has put me in Eugene for at least the summer. While I am here I would like to check some areas out.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
We live in the river road area and love it

There is a really great park right by us - I can *never* remember the name - but it's off river road on Howard st. There will be signs...it's seriously cool!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have to agree with beansmama I live in the river rd. area too and I love it. The name is Emerald Park and they have a full playground, an outdoor wading pool, an indoor pool, two hot tubs, and a sauna. They also have a rec center with all sorts of cool classes and events for people of all ages.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I agree that Emerald Park on River Road is fantastic, but if you are a walking/biking family, River Road is somewhat far from downtown. There is a bike lane and the river path is great, but walking is harder. Check any address for walkability by going to this website:

http://www.walkscore.com/

I think all of Eugene is family friendly! I live in the Sheldon area near Cal Young Rd. and there are lots of parks around here as well. Good luck with your move!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.