1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
24,725 Posts
For those too lazy to read the link, Buck V Bell 270 US 200, 1927 cited the case of Jacobson V Massachusetts, with SJ OWHolmes stating,

The principle that sustains compulsory vaccination is broad enough to cover cutting the Fallopian tubes.
If you think we are above this in the 21st century think again. The State of California was dragged into court recently because they are known to force tubal ligations on women in prison.

Although this opinion and eugenics remains controversial, the decision in this case still stands.

At the Nuremberg trials after WW2, Nazi doctors explicitly cited Holmes's opinion in Buck v. Bell as part of their defense.

An interesting aside, - Carrie Buck had one daughter that died at the age of 8 i the early days of the Depression of complications from measles.

·
Registered
24,725 Posts
I am sorry, but if you have nothing to add to the discussion, why bother posting insults?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I also am not sure what you are wondering. But I'll give it a shot at discussion.

If you are wondering about forced sterilization. The United States has an atrocious record of forced sterilization. Of the developmentally disabled, of inmates, of Native Americans, and of the mentally ill. However, it was not conducted through vaccination.

If you are wondering about vaccines and Eugenics. The vaccine program is not part of a Eugenics program. There is no evidence of that at all. The tetnus vaccine does not cause sterility. There is no evidence of that at all either.

·
Registered
24,725 Posts
If you read the second link in the OP, you would know that the Catholic Church has for years noticed that tetanus shots are given in the poorest villages in Mexico, Africa, and the Phillipines every three months and are laced with HCG. This creates a condition in the female body in which the immune system will reject any future embryos.

And why are tetanus shots given every three months?

·
Registered
852 Posts
If you read the second link in the OP, you would know that the Catholic Church has for years noticed that tetanus shots are given in the poorest villages in Mexico, Africa, and the Phillipines every three months and are laced with HCG. This creates a condition in the female body in which the immune system will reject any future embryos.

And why are tetanus shots given every three months?
I read it (I'm feeling super not lazy this afternoon!), but all that's in there is rampant speculation.

·
Registered
18,832 Posts
The problem with the forced sterilization and eugenics programs is the underlying reasoning:

the good of the community is more important than the good of the individual.

How the specifics are carried out has varied in different times and places, but that is the reasoning. I do see some similarity to the vaccine push.

·
Registered
852 Posts
The problem with the forced sterilization and eugenics programs is the underlying reasoning:

the good of the community is more important than the good of the individual.

How the specifics are carried out has varied in different times and places, but that is the reasoning. I do see some similarity to the vaccine push.
Seeing similarity in the propaganda is different from saying that the mechanism of the eugenics is in the vaccine.

·
Registered
18,832 Posts
Seeing similarity in the propaganda is different from saying that the mechanism of the eugenics is in the vaccine.
Absolutely right. I am not convinced that there are actual sterilization programs being delivered via vaccinations.

I do know that the same underlying attitude justifies forced sterilization and forced vaccinations. Both creep me out. :serious:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Absolutely right. I am not convinced that there are actual sterilization programs being delivered via vaccinations.

I do know that the same underlying attitude justifies forced sterilization and forced vaccinations. Both creep me out. :serious:
So allow me to creep You out further, if i may, do You think that the brilliant people fighting climate change are doing so controlling the population through the practice of vaccination?

I am sorry to be such a conspiracy theorist, really wondering what you think? yes i am a freak, a 45yr old freak today, grateful and wondering.

·
Registered
18,832 Posts
So allow me to creep You out further, if i may, do You think that the brilliant people fighting climate change are doing so controlling the population through the practice of vaccination?

I am sorry to be such a conspiracy theorist, really wondering what you think? yes i am a freak, a 45yr old freak today, grateful and wondering.
I think that when I criticize vaccines I like to do so from solid ground. There are all sorts of weird things going on in the world. When I find good evidence of something I'll discuss it. Who would have thought that a pediatrician would claim that aluminum is NEEDED during pregnancy? But a leading pediatrician did just that and I and many others enjoyed pointing out that he was grievously misrepresenting the science.

The point I'm heading towards, is that if you want to discuss interesting stuff for which the evidence is fairly weak, do so in a private group. If you get enough evidence together to make a case, then present it in a public place.

We are under attack. It doesn't make sense, in my opinion, to not only hand the other side ammunition but to load their weapons for them.

Bit harsh. Sorry!

·
Registered
18,832 Posts
I wanted to add that you are free to pursue whatever strategies appeal to you. But I don't want to play. Not my style. I'm boring. I just keep asking the same awkward questions over and over again and hope that someday someone will be willing to discuss the peculiar problem of, say, multiple reactions to the same vaccine. Or a study that was supposed to sort out reactions to Gardasil that missed over 1,000 possible reactions.

There are plenty of documented concerns to raise.

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
I also am not sure what you are wondering. But I'll give it a shot at discussion.

If you are wondering about forced sterilization. The United States has an atrocious record of forced sterilization. Of the developmentally disabled, of inmates, of Native Americans, and of the mentally ill. However, it was not conducted through vaccination.

I, too, would like some clarification on the OP. But I do know that what troubles vaccine critics about Buck v. Bell is that it relied on Jacobson v. Massachusetts, claiming that the principle behind compulsory vaccination was "broad enough to cover the cutting of the Fallopian tubes." To my knowledge, (and I'd love to stand corrected), no court case has ever challenged this idea.

Forced sterilization fell away--mostly but not entirely--due to public disfavor. But the legal structures are in place to buttress the practice. And what is done in the name of "public health" is vulnerable to becoming subject to cultural whims as arbitrary and irrational as the desire to sterilize the "unfit."

1 - 20 of 178 Posts