Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any opinions of the Eureka Boss Smartvac? It gets good reviews all over the internet. I am looking for a lightweight vacuum to use when dragging the heavy canister hoover hepa vacuum all over the house is not worth it. We have pet hair, carpet, preschooler dirt, so we need something that works. The hoover works but is awkward to use. I would rather save it for once or twice a month, deep cleaning.<br><br>
I know everyone, or nearly everyone, loves Dysons, but they seem heavy to me. I used my parent's once and hated dragging that heavy thing behind me all over the house. Yes, it has a long neck, but still it had to be dragged around all the furniture or it got tangled.<br><br>
We have an awesome hoover canister vac that my dh HATES to use. It clunks into everything and constantly tips over. It wrenches his neck and back to get it to follow him. Since we are having a baby soon, the only way I am going to get him to vacuum twice weekly for 4-6 weeks is to get a new vacuum. He wants one that does not need the canister changed every room, as does our hoover, and he wants it lighter weight.<br><br>
Thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should add that this vacuum is a consumer reports best buy but it gets mixed reviews from consumers at target and great reviews from consumers at amazon.com. Review sites give it good reviews, too, but I always like to see what actual people think as well.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I have a Eureka Commercial vac w/micron filtration, dunno if has any other name, it's has AWESOME cleanining power and all the parts on it are METAL (and replaceable - it comes with an order sheet with parts numbers and everything).<br>
It is a little heavy though, I usually make DH vacuum one a week. I'm not sure how it compares to a non-commercial model, but I have a good experience with the brand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts