Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I'm just learning about the Montessori philosophy, but it also happens that this month I have been checking preschools out for my 3 yr old.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, <em>when I'm touring the school what are the key things to look for</em> (other than those at a non-Mont preschool).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>-For instance, is accreditation important?</p>
<p>-Also can 2 or more philosophies co-exist in a school- like Reggio and Mont?  I read that Reggio is sort of an off-shoot.</p>
<p>-any specific materials</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This is such an open question, and I am going to look at posts on this sub-forum to educate myself more, but any advice would help me a lot!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>Im looking at all kinds of preschools: some traditional church kinds, some montessori and some non-parochial which claim to use mont and other pedagogy.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I visited a Montessori school thats very popular here but was concerned by the director's aggressive fixation with academics, among other things.  I was impressed by all the wonderful materials and how the children were so engaged in their own activity.  I guess this is why Im trying to get an insight into what makes a good mont school stand out.  Instinctively, I feel that specific school will not be a good fit for us.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>ETA: the links were very useful! Just the kind of summary I was hoping for.  THank you!</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts