Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all you all know how I like to give out too much info and ramble...I'm sorry for that. lol

As you all know I had been having some mighty nice big/hard ctx since my water was broken friday the 12th. We decided to go to dave and Busters to eat with my parents and to play some games. Then we walked around the mall shopping and contracting all the way around the mall. I knew *something* was up...it felt diff. I felt more pressure down there, my body felt diff. We go home(ashton went with my parents) and are up all night. Neither of us could sleep. I did end up falling asleep about 6 or 7 saturday morning, waking up at 8 to get ready to meet my parents. We went out to eat lunch and the entire time I was having sporatic...yet VERY painful ctx. We left there and went to my cousins b-day party(everyone was SHOCKED that I was there when I should have been at home/hospital laboring.) I was *ok* other than hurting so tremendously bad bc of ctx. We drove home and on the way there, I went into labor..real hard ctx, noticing them being every 7-8 minutes apart. And SO much pressure. We times them for a few hours, took a bath, tried to relax as much as I could, but they were coming hard and fast. Called MW she said to meet her at the center at 9pm. We dropped ashton off with her dad(she changed her mind about being there with us, and I'm sooooooo glad she did!) On the way to the BC, which was about 20 minutes away....I was in so much pain. They were coming closer and closer...5-6 minutes apart in no time. We got there and Ella(post partum nurse) was there changing linens from a previous birth. She had no clue we were coming, and wasn't even supossed to be there...God gave me this gift as you are about to find out. I had some big ctx, went potty, walked around until Beverly got there. My parents and Michaels mom go there right after we showed up. Bev checked me(5 cm), SUNNY SIDE UP, and said that she could break my water if I wanted her to...it was bulging big time and it might get things going more, I said ok...and then THE FLOODS OF ALL TIME WERE UPON US. HOLY CRAPOLA! It would not stop. Bev said that it looked like about 1/2 a gallon. GEEZ! I got up...and whoa! It seriously would not stop. I decided to get in the bath...mmmmmm, that was nice. Had a few ctx in there and then Cheri, the main MW showed up. Got on the bed and she checked me said that I was only at 6cm, after almost 2 or so hours that's all I changed. So we walked, and talked and tried to get things going more. We walked outside in the park and they told me to walk through the ctx...yeah. I did it but I bawled the entire time lol. I had Michael on my left side and my dad on my right..thank God. Went inside and I was not progressing. They were starting to hurt WAY more, but he was still at -2, she tried turning him, but he slid back. Then the *fun* started happening. She tried to get me to push him down...that is hard when you aren't having that urge to push. They kept telling me "Get in your zone" Apparently...I am a "very determined, very powerfully strong" woman. When I had my ctx I would stare into the eyes of, Ella...my angel in diguise. That woman gave me the strength and courage that I needed. We didn't even have to utter a word to one another and somehow we were talking to eachother. Amazing human being she is. So it gets to about 9 hours of labor and I hadn't change...still 6cm, -2, ctx getting worse. I kept telling Cheri..." I am done, I can't do this anymore, I'm exhausted(I had only 2 hours of sleep for a couple of days at that point)...my body couldn't take it." I was teetering out on my pushes even standing up. It was getting bad. So she calls the hospital and lets them know I'm coming in. That was the most aggonizing ride I've ever been in...I was in transition in the car. Yes, it was only 2 minutes down the road, but it felt like hours. I had even gotten to the point where I wasn't talking...I couldn't. I had gone into some dark, quiet place in my head and I wasn't coming out until I felt better. Got to L&D, and the nurse that was there was AMAZING once again. Actually...I didn't have 1 person that wasn't. I had the BEST team ever. Anastesia(I know that isn't the correct spelling) came and I didn't even feel him prick me, he did it perfectly in between ctx, and was out the door i no time. 2 minutes, I was a brand new person. I was talking/laughing/smiling. It was great. There was just enough there so that I could feel what was going on, and I could move my legs, but it didn't hurt at all. Dr came in, I hadn't changed AT ALL...and Evan was still at -2. She let me labor w/out pit for quite some time. After awhile I got some pit and things started moving greatly. I pushed for about 30 or so minutes, full dialated, everything perfect but Evan. His heart was decelerating after every ctx, and was in distress. They put the fetal monitor thingy in his scalp(daddy didn't like, but thank God we did that bc I was about to be rolled into c-section if they wouldn't have.) So I pushed for about 1 1/2 hours and all the sudden...Evan slid down and right on out with hardly any help. Stubborn! He was a smurf when he came out, I rubbed his back and he cried so good. They put him on my tummy of course, and then took him over to the incubator with daddy to give him a bit of oxygen, he pinked up in a matter of seconds. I tore a hairline, two tiny tiny stitches, hemmroids like whoa(pushing for 4 hours does that to you lol.) He is amazing. I love having a boy. He is a perfect little doll looking baby. We have pics but I need to get them from my moms camera...we forgot to get batteries, so had to use moms.

We stayed in the hospital for about 40 hours, only bc he had "jaundice so bad." I SO VERY MUCH DISLIKE PEDIATRICIANS SOME TIMES. He only rated a 8 for jaundice...they usually don't even do anything until 15 or some crazt high number like that. Silly. But everything is fine now, his pedi said that he is PREFECT...used those words exactly lol. We went out on day 2 to the pedi and yesterday to go shopping.

Uh oh, gotta go...daddy can't get him to stop. I bet he's hungry....he eats from both breasts 20 minutes, every 1- 1 1/2 hours....EESH!

Love you guys!

And here he is....

1 day old:
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n...lDurham003.jpg

proud papa:
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n...lDurham001.jpg

first bath:
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n...lDurham008.jpg

1 week old:
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n...2-08/Evan2.jpg

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n...2-08/Evan3.jpg

angel feet:
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n...2-08/Evan4.jpg

booby lovin:
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n...2-08/Evan1.jpg

I'm in love

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Congrats, Jennifer!!!
: What a wild story, mama! You labored all over town, huh?! You are amazing

I'm so glad everything turned out well and that you and Evan are doing so good. I can't wait to see pics! Thank you so much for sharing your birth story...I love reading them and being "there" in the experience. Brings tears to my eyes every time!

Much love and light to you and baby Evan
:

·
Registered
386 Posts
What a story! You are an amazing woman!!
CONGRATS on your new little boy!!! Can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
261 Posts
So glad you wrote your story. Congratulations again. Hope you're feeling well and getting some much deserved rest.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Congratulations!! What an amazing birth and you are one strong mommy!

He is AN ANGEL. Enjoy your sweet baby.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.