Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ladies, i'm an idiot but i'm also losing my mind here.<br>
i'm supposed to be 6w6d today, but started bleeding on friday morning. i'm going in for the HCG quant in an hour, but i POAS when i got up so i could prepare myself for the results.<br>
well, i didn't wait long enough for the f-ing results. i think i waited about a minute, but the test says to allow 5. and not to read it after 5 minutes because of the evap line thing.<br>
well, i was sure it was negative, told my dh, changed clothes, checked emails, and tried calling my midwives' office, then went to pee again, and there was the test with a positive result. it's a hugely dark line, just like the first test. is that an evaporation line or are my HCG levels still high enough to trigger it?<br>
oh shit. i don't need this. i don't need this. i don't need this. i hate my uterus.<br><br>
any words of wisdom?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
First of all, take a nice deep breath and let it out. Everything is going to be ok. You love your uterus!<br>
It seems to me that if you have had two very dark positive lines with two different tests, that would indicate to me that you are in fact pregnant. How heavy are you bleeding? I bled until 14 weeks with one of my daughters and 16 weeks with the other. It was very scary, but also normal for me. Did you have sex on Thursday night? A lot of women get what's called a fryable cervex, and that can cause red bleeding, although not enough to soak a pad. When you took the test, did you wait 5 mintues and then look, or look before 5 minutes. It seems to me that it would have to be a really crappy test for the positive line to be that dark and not be positive. I wouldn't think that they would be able to sell something that shows a line where there shoudn't be that quickly and that dark. In all of the tests that I have taken where I wasn't pregnant, I only got an evaporation line once and it was extremely faint and didn't show up until hours and hours later. I do think that with the test you used, you probably should wait longer then a minute! I hope your blood work in wonderful.

·
Registered
604 Posts
{{{{ Elphaba }}}}<br><br>
This is not an evaporation line, this is a real line, the test is picking up hcg in your urine.<br><br>
Your baby could still be fine, lots of people bleed in early pregnancy, and go on to carry a healthy baby to term.<br><br>
Or you could be having a miscarriage :-( but it takes a while for the hcg to drop back to zero. If that's the case, they might have you come in for repeat hcgs, to see whether the numbers are dropping ok. I hope this is not the case.<br><br>
{{{ HUGS }}} and please tell us when you know more! I'll be thinking of you.<br><br>
Karen

·
Registered
500 Posts
I don't have anything to add, the other posters have answered your questions I think. I do want to say I hope this isn't a miscarriage and my prayers are with you. Let us know what's happening when you are able.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts