Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 39 weeks pg with my 8th. We have natural hospital births and I normally do epo a couple weeks before due date (I'm a 42 weeker, every time) and I induce and labor at home with castor oil, before going to hosp at last min.
Here is my current situation: the baby keep flipping from head down to complete breech to head down to footling.... You get the idea. We were going to do a version at 36 weeks but we got there and it had already flipped head down. Now at 38 week appt it was footling again so Ob (I use the midwives and Ob but feel more comfortable with Ob now due to last few being post partum hemmorages) wants me to go in wed (I'll be 39 1/2 weeks) and do version then immediately start pit. If this is my best chance for no c sec then that's fine. But I was thinking about having them scan tues afternoon and going home and starting my castor oil if baby is head down. I am waiting to hear back from them on this plan. The issue here is since I can never tell when it has flipped again I could come home and induce and the baby not be head down. I know some ppl have breech births but it's not something I'm comfortable with. I soooo dread starting at 0 dilation in hosp on pit!!!! Esp if I'm going to have it natural (I've done pit at 0 before). They "say" they will turn it off once I get going good but I don't know I believe that and I like to take showers and walk and do NOT want continuous monitoring!!!!
Any thoughts on the above situation would be welcome (and I've been doing spinning babies exercises and don't have the money for chiro this time).
My epo question is this: can I do it over the next couple days (how many times a day?) and just soften cervix without possibly going into labor, esp if baby is still breech? I was to get the conditions as favorable as possible!!!! Also, I normally do it vaginally but I've heard of ppl doing bit orally too.

Thx! Sorry so long!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I did epo for weeks before I was eventually induced with dd. I don't think it's much of a labor trigger, just helps get things ready.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts