Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on CD 32 (usually 29-32 day cycles)-- and I would be 14/15 DPO.<br><br>
I have had high BBT for the past 15 days - has been super high past 5 days(today it was 99.2) and am NOT sick. I had a 'maybe' shadow line yesterday--- was going to retest today, but I started to bleed bright red this AM (still happening)- very AF like. Temp is still 99 +. Is this a weird AF?<br><br>
Ideas? Suggestions? Could I be pregnant (yesterday looked more evap than +)? Is my BBT just being odd and this is AF?<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
well no personally ive not but<br><br>
theres only three real explainations (and one possible one that you did not give info for)<br><br>
1. you are pregnant and this is breakthrough bleeding (it would not be implantation bleeding by 15dpo as implantation would have happened 5-10 days ago) which many women mistake as either a period or mistakingly call implantation bleeding when they find out they are pregnant. Its neither. Its also nothing to worry about in most cases though any early pregnancy bleeding is reason to speak to your doctor to confirm that it is nothing.<br><br>
2. you are not pregnant but do have a slight fever for an illness your body is fighting but you do not feel the effects of. You CAN be sick without realizing it if your immune system is quickly fighting it off before it effects you.<br><br>
3. You were pregnant but are having a chemical pregnancy. If this is the case, there is nothing that can be done to stop it.<br><br>
Also: If you have been using progesterone or anything that could increase your progesterone (vitex/maca/clomid/etc.) you could be getting your period with high temps as the increase in temps is caused by progesterone.<br><br>
The only way to know is to either give it a few days or to take a pregnancy test.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I had very haevy bleeding early in a pregnancy (started before I knew I was pregnant), it was a sub choreonic hemorrhage ( a pocket of blood formed between where dd implanted and a large blood vessel in the uterus). Very scary. But my daughter made it through.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you.<br><br>
I really think it is AF or a chemical. I will wait and see what happens. BBT is still up, and no signs of illness---but I am pretty sure it is too heavy to be anything but AF .<br><br>
I was so excited---DH and I suffer from infertility. We have DDs from IVF and want to expand our family, but can not afford IVF again. To have a surprise would such a wonderful experience.....<br><br>
Thanks ladies!

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Sometimes it can take a while for your progesterone to drop for no known reason. That happened to me a few months ago, my BBT stayed high for 9 days after AF started. I did a ton of Googling as it was definitely unusual for me and found several sources that indicated it can happen from time to time for no explainable reason.<br><br>
I got the progesterone induced nausea I usually get before AF the day before my temps finally dropped on CD9. I don't think it was a chem pg as we are TTA. I was freaked out for a few days though!<br><br>
HTH.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Don't know about the BBT because I wasn't tracking (though I'd assume it was high because I was pregnant), but with #2 I had crazy heavy bleeding -- at least as much as a period for 2 full weeks (with some lighter days) before I finally got my BFP. The BFP came at what was at least 21 DPO and I had tested at least once a day for at least a week leading up to it because I was getting nervous about the bleeding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts