Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom emailed me this evening that she had had a feeling today was "it" for me, and while I'm not in labor (that I know of, anyways!) it has been a "different"-feeling day for me. My mom usually never gets those kinds of extra-sensory feelings, so it amused and intrigued me to hear it (especially since she lives about 8 hours away)! I was wondering if any of you had someone (your mom, DP, sister, etc) get a feeling that your labor was impending and have them end up being correct, or not? I'd consider them correct if they called it within a few days, especially if you weren't even "due" yet. Obviously, "knowing" you'll go into labor soon when you're 42 weeks is a safe bet----but pre-due-date "knowing" is pretty good! Then again, when everyone else is waiting for your baby to be born, I'm sure they get all sorts of hopeful feelings!

·
Registered
271 Posts
When I was pregnant with my son I worked in an environment with lots of people. I worked until 2 days before he was born. Prior to that, a lot of the people I worked with placed bets on when I would go into labor/ give birth. One very wise woman who had had 4 grown kids of her own, just knew I was going to give birth on March 3. And she was right! I, on the other hand, had no definite idea as to when it was going to happen. On March 1, my last day at work, all of a sudden there was an enormous shift within me. I couldn't concentrate on anything and I just was gone, work was the last place my body wanted to be at.

·
Banned
4,712 Posts
Everyone predicted all sorts of days for when I'd give birth to my second, who was induced at 40 weeks, 6 days. It was sort of fun proving all of them wrong!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
My mother knew (or wished really hard) that my ds would be born on St. Patty's Day. It didn't look like anything was happening but then my water started leaking. She was so happy (and here, by the way).

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
My mom was confident that ds would be born on July 31 (which is indeed his birthday), at 38 weeks gestation. That wasn't a call on that day- she had thought that for week. Her reasoning was that it was a full moon

My mom is a logical sort, and doesn't usually have that type of intuition or extra connection like that.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
No but I knew when my DD's b-day would be. I randomly said she'd come on Sept. 11 and I went into labor on the 10th, she was born on the 11th.

I just knew that for us it was her day, and we can always remember it as a good day for our family.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.