Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone in TTC,

It's been over a year since I posted on Mothering.com, mostly because I no longer work glued to a computer, but it's nice to be back at this point in time.

My partner Sara and I have just had our first round of insemination (via a fertility clinic; we're not having fertility issues so far, but as lesbians, that is the route we found would be the most effecient). I woke up this morning having had a nightmare that I was getting my period, and sure enough, that's what happened.

Anyway, I'm so confused because I actually had what I thought were symptoms of early pregnancy. Right after insemination, my uterus felt all taut, and I even felt a little spasm down there one morning, like my pulse. Then I had very bad nausea and heartburn which went away when I did the whole eating before you get up and having small, frequent meals.

Could it be that I had psychosematic symptoms? It sounds so weird, but I'm wondering if any of you who have been pg before have ever experienced this.
If so, I would love to hear about it! I feel like such a nut!

Bummed out but raring to go for round two....

joc

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Well if you're a nut, we all are!! (of course that is a distinct possibility too!) I think when you try so hard and it's all you think about and you want it SOOOO bad, it's normal to see every little thing as a sign.
Sorry this time wasn't for you, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you next time!!!
Btw, we had a thread a while ago asking to hear from more lesbian mamma to be's, if you're interested, it's likely only a page or two back.
And come on over to the one thread, then you can be insane with a group

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeShea
I am always convinced that I am.....I am all about positive thoughts evidently. I am sorry it was a false alarm....we will get there eventually...and then I bet we will both be shocked!! LOL!

This is so true!! All four of my pregnancies I've been convinced I'm not pregnant!! Although the super bitchiness is a good clue and aside from making you want to bitch slap the Tim Hortons chick that makes a joke about your tea, it also makes me negative--so maybe that's why I've always been a little surprised!

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Yes, I think I am pregnant every cycle. It's getting better (in the beginning I was so convinced, and yet I found out I wasn't ovulating!) Now I am more laid-back about it (though I still get some symptoms!)

Also, not to weird you out, but sometimes the egg does get impregnanted, but then it doesn't implant -- I think that's happened to me once or twice. I don't look at that as an early miscarriage, though some women do. (If you actually got a positive, then it would be an early miscarriage, or a "chemical pregnancy")

BTW, I also extend the invitation to come join us in the One Thread! We're a zany, chatty group of TTCers, so we all band together, regardless of where in our cycles we are!

And
May your stay be SHORT and SWEET!

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
another big
... sorry your period arrived (or as we call it "rebooting your ovarian operating system") Hope the next insemination is the one!! Again, come join us at the one thread!!
to you and your partner!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
hey there!

back to mothering boards.

I was the one who posted the any lesbian wannabe moms thread awhile back as I am a lesbian who wants to be a mom! great to have you here &
to you as you are in the insem roller coaster.

We are waitin to recover from a m/c before we start tryin again in July...last January when we were on try 2, I was CONVINCED I was pg...absolutely sure!!!! then I was devastated when AF came. Actually that's happened to me every cycle we've insem'd and not gotten pg. I can totally relate.
Sorry your period came...that
!!

the one thread can be a bit overwhelming but is also very friendly & supportive. Glad to have you here! Feel free to PM me if you want to chat about insemination...

(sorry my g is workin sporadically)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello!

Wow, what great replies! I was very moved by all of them and feel much better about having had these symptoms. One of my friends keeps reminding my how strong the mind/body connection and how it is a good thing, not a bad thing.

What was really odd is that I got symptoms I didn't even know were symptoms. Nausea (which, btw, I never feel. The last time I was nauseous was on a very choppy boat ride about five years ago) I knew about; but heartburn? It wasn't til I had it that I looked it up. So it's not like I read the symptoms first and then got them. So strange. Of course, I do realize I could have had an embryo that didn't implant. I read that is very common.

I will definitely be checking out the thread about lesbian mamas. I have a nutty couple of days coming up, but will do so as soon as I have some time to breathe again.

In the meantime, I have to go back to the fert. clinic today for a baseline ultrasound to check for cysts. This will give us the green light for the next round.

Read you soon!

joc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.