Mothering Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts
Personally, I think I might reduce/cancel playtime, since I'm not keen on my kid getting measles. 28 days?? That's rough. I guess it's less of a concern once kids are school-age and getting boosters at school, since there's less spit-swapping by then, but for now I'd be cautious. But maybe that's just me...

Hello! This is my first time to the vaccination board, but I wanted to add another un vaccinated kid to the list of many here that are not isolated at all! My dd is 14 months, completely unvaccinated, and I take her everywhere! She's played with other kids of all ages, at the playgroud, public pool, mall, playgroups, etc. The only two times she has ever been sick have been after a "well baby visit". What a joke! I think we're going to avoid frequent well baby visits now. I completely agree that by taking your kids out and letting them be exposed to wide variety of people and things only strengthens their immune system. Not taking them out is a recipe for disaster because their body will not ever learn how to deal with things.

Stay strong, and if your heart is against vaccination, then stick with what your wonderful instincts are telling you. And by all means, get out! Go! Take your baby, meet other moms and babies, and have fun!

Thankfully the playmate won't get MMR for another 3 months.
However, he will get chicken pox shot in 3 weeks.
Yes, I think I'll take a deep breath, consult our naturopath for moral support and let them continue to play together.
My baby's just so little! (good for cp though I know)
My family's really going to think I'm insane now. Sigh.

we lead a very active lifestyle with 4 (almost 5 kids), all are unvaxed but my oldest (who, btw-brought home a lovely case of whooping cough to the rest of my children last spring), and we make no concessions due to the fact we don't want the chemicals in our childrens bodies.

we go to sporting events once a week, we swim in a public pool almsot daily, go to a public beach once a week, and also my older children attend public schools.

you have to keep in mind that the diseases that are "out there" are not at all as serious as "they" claim them to be. also, if you're thinking polio is pretty serious, remember that the only cases of polio in our country (assuming you are in the us) are FROM the vax itself.

the only precaution i take is with my babies/toddlers/children handling or touching feces. they all know (with the exception of my 2yo) that viruses are shed through poop-and it's easier to avoid poop than it is to question a little baby on when the last time they were vaxed

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.