Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I worked at the art and craft gallery yesterday and today. I wore a mask some of the time, but no one seemed disturbed when they saw me eating my lunch or taking off the mask to drink from my tea container. Most people were wearing masks, but they didn't seem very concerned about wearing masks. Just going along with whatever is the current rule in the space they are in.

And people were having fun. Some were buying stuff. Some were just browsing. Chatting with their friends and relatives and with me. Only one couple expressed any concern at all, explaining why they had skipped the local craft fair to avoid crowds (and instead came into a craft gallery which has been full of people all day) but they didn't actually seem anxious.

Just sort of interesting. I'm wondering if a significant portion of the population is just losing interest in the pandemic panic.

·
Registered
19,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another bit of everyday life: an article about normal seasonal illnesses. It's Not Always COVID-19: Other Communicable Illnesses to Watch For | Summit Health
Of course the article recommends getting the flu vaccine and the covid vaccine.
The problem is that many of these viral and bacterial diseases will present symptoms that are similar to symptoms of COVID-19. "Some common cold symptoms include runny nose, congestion, sore throat, headache, sometimes elevated temperature, or body aches," Dr. Nesheiwat says.

With flu and COVID-19, weakness and fatigue are common. A sore throat and congestion may also occur. You can experience cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, and sinus pressure with COVID-19, flu, or viral bronchitis.

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
97 Posts
I know at the beach in San Diego this weekend, there were plenty walking around outside with a mask on by the ocean....especially kids...parents weren't wearing them, but kids were...odd...good stiff breeze all day and all sunshine, too.
I've seen families like that too. It's because the parents are vaccinated and they're waiting for the vaccine to be approved for kids.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
well, my sister ended up having a major stroke over the weekend, surgery sunday night to relieve the blood clots on the brain, and more surgery next week due to a carotid artery being 80% clogged....she didn't get the vaccine, and i can't help but wonder if she had, the repercussions could have likely been death.

·
Registered
24,936 Posts
Emmy: I hope your sister recovers fully and soon. I am sorry that has happened.

"But if she got the vaccine, it would have been milder!"

·
Registered
19,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This singer didn't get to perform the Star Spangled Banner for the NFL. Because she is non-vaccine compliant. So enjoy the beautiful voice!

·
Registered
19,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What!! I can't believe that. This whole thing is ridiculous. She probably sacrificed a huge marketing opportunity by standing up for herself.

Very unique and special voice. Love her.
Let's all share the link so she ends up with a huge marketing opportunity.

·
Registered
8,883 Posts
Every day life:

Ontario is getting vaccine passports on Sept 22 (or 20th, not sure) and retail establishments are not included (although they may voluntarily ask for proof of vaccination, I believe)

My youngest is in college. She has had one vaccine but not two. We needed a textbook and decided it might be fun to visit the store in person. The school had decided to implement a covid vaccination policy early. I did not have proof of vaccination on me as it was not yet Sept. 22, and while proof is in my email, I did not have data. DD had data, but could only show proof of one vaccine. We were turned away. We were told we could go over to the health unit for rapid testing and if clear, come back.....but I am not get a COVID test so I can shop! It was a trip into the city for nothing. DD was peeved and is now saying she does not like vaccine mandates. I told her I agreed with her. DD might have bought other stuff in the shop, but nope. Their loss. We did curbside for the textbook several days later (privilege: we have a car) Grr and Ugh!

I suspect some of the reason behind the vaccine passport not being necessary for retail is becasue retail is somewhat of a right. People need access to food and stuff. Isn't education a right? So peeved with the world today.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Every day life:

Ontario is getting vaccine passports on Sept 22 (or 20th, not sure) and retail establishments are not included (although they may voluntarily ask for proof of vaccination, I believe)

My youngest is in college. She has had one vaccine but not two. We needed a textbook and decided it might be fun to visit the store in person. The school had decided to implement a covid vaccination policy early. I did not have proof of vaccination on me as it is not yet Sept. 22, and while proof is in my email, I did not have data. DD had data, but could only show proof of one vaccine. We were turned away. We were told we could go over to the health unit for rapid testing and if clear, come back.....but I am not get a COVID test so i can shop! It was a trip into the city for nothing. DD was peeved and is now saying she does not like vaccine mandate. i told her I agreed with her. DD might have bought other stuff in the shop, but nope. We did curbside for the textbook several days later (privilege: we have a car) Grr and Ugh!

I suspect some of the reason behind the vaccine passport not being necessary for retail is becasue retail is somewhat of a right. People need access to food and stuff. Isn't education a right? So peeved with the world today.
IS education A RIGHT in Canada? Especially college....

·
Registered
8,883 Posts
IS education A RIGHT in Canada? Especially college....
Good question, and one I do not have an answer to.

Things I know:
-Canada highly, but not totally, funds post secondary education. If we pay taxes for it, is it thus a right ? (assuming I qualify for the program)
-"Canada has affirmed the right to education as a signatory to the Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights. It is also a signatory to the UN 2030 Agenda & Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted in 2015 including SDG 4, committing Canada to providing equitable, inclusive quality education promoting lifelong learning opportunities for all. "

·
Registered
19,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts