Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new here and I really need some help.

I live in central GA and the soil here is just awful. We replaced the clay dirt in our flower beds with top soil and planted every new plant in even better starter soil. Everything was fine until the rain - that has lastet for the last 3 weeks - set in. Now it seems like everything is dying. Even my container plants. I'm at my wits end. And I'm really upset about the loss of the plants. I usually garden in the "some live some die" mindset but that is just ab bit much for me. After all the storms we've had my flowerbeds look just awful.

We can't even get any grass to grow. We managed to have it come in and let it grow to where you could hardly get through it with the mower. And just after cutting it it all died. We've tried 3 times in the last year. Different soils; different seed you name it. I'm about to go for sod.
:

Is there anyone out there, that lives in this area and has figured out what the problem is?

Thanks

Cinnamon

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Sorry, don't have a clay problem. Sounds like a lack of drainage, but I don't know. Hope someone else has some ideas for you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey

No I haven't done that yet. But I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea at this point. I'm just kinda unsure about that beeing the issue since we have used so many different types of soil and it all ends up beeing the same thing. I'm wondering if we are doing something wrong. Although I really wouldn't know what.

We did suspect drainage too but since we replaced the dirt with top soil that seems unlikely.

I just spend some time out there loosening up the dirt and weeding. It looks better now.

I will look into having the dirt tested. Something has got to give

Thanks

Cinnamon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts