Mothering Forum banner

EWG and Trader Joe's

720 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  lindberg99
I have really been enjoying the EWG database that I read about in the sunscreen thread. I've made up my list of things to buy. My only problem is that they don't review Trader Joe's products, which my family relies on quite heavily.

Does anyone know whether/when they will start reviewing TJ?

Is there somewhere else I can go to find out about the safety of TJ products?

dm
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I doubt EWG would do analyses on store/proprietary brands. There would be too many to do analyses on - like doing tests on generic brands.
You could try just googling it and see what comes up. I also will take the products and run the ingredients through the Skin Deep site and seeing what they say about the active ingredients.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jyurina View Post
I also will take the products and run the ingredients through the Skin Deep site and seeing what they say about the active ingredients.
That's what I do, though it's time-consuming. But I find it makes me pay more attention to the risks and trade-offs with particular ingredients than just looking at SkinDeep's composite score.
See less See more
I don't know if this will help you at all, but here's a list of a dozen chemicals to avoid. You could check your products and see if they contain these. http://www.keys-soap.com/xcart41/pages.php?pageid=6

And also, according to Skin Deep, you should avoid added fragrances.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.