Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had half of an iced coffee (espresso) this morning that was half decaf and i still feel yucky! shaky, weird, and generally unwell. i haven't had a coffee in a couple of weeks but last time i had a half caf i felt fine. i even got an espresso drink b/c it has less caffeine than a regular gourmet coffee...what the...? this place we go to -every time i have their coffee this happens, it's weird, it makes me wonder what in the world is in that coffee?? ucky.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Yeah, I think I am more sensitive now to caffeine and in particular to coffee. I have been getting a decaf latte a couple times a week and even the decaf I can feel a bit of a buzz. But green tea or chai tea doesn't seem to do that. . .even the regular non-decaf kind.

Hope you get unbuzzy soon. . .I hate that jittery feeling!

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I get this way if I have the caffeine on an empty stomach. Sometimes it's a kinda nice jittery...I don't drink alcohol so have never been drunk, but I wonder if the feeling is similar?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2boyzmama View Post
I get this way if I have the caffeine on an empty stomach. Sometimes it's a kinda nice jittery...I don't drink alcohol so have never been drunk, but I wonder if the feeling is similar?
well i did drink before pregnancy and i can tell you for certain that it is not at all the same....maybe for some but probably not for most!

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by octobermoon View Post
well i did drink before pregnancy and i can tell you for certain that it is not at all the same....maybe for some but probably not for most!
Oh well

The first time I remember it happening, I was having a really busy/hectic day at work, so didn't have time for lunch. I was rushing to a meeting, so I ran to a Dunkin Donuts across the street and got a large iced caramel latte, which is a ton of sugar and caffeine. It was SO good, and I was SO hungry, and SO rushed, I drank it really fast then ran to my meeting. I was presenting, and by the end was SO jittery and was literally bouncing/pacing everywhere, dropping papers, it was hilarious!!!

So sometimes, that jittery/discombobulated feeling can be fun!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2boyzmama View Post
Oh well

The first time I remember it happening, I was having a really busy/hectic day at work, so didn't have time for lunch. I was rushing to a meeting, so I ran to a Dunkin Donuts across the street and got a large iced caramel latte, which is a ton of sugar and caffeine. It was SO good, and I was SO hungry, and SO rushed, I drank it really fast then ran to my meeting. I was presenting, and by the end was SO jittery and was literally bouncing/pacing everywhere, dropping papers, it was hilarious!!!

So sometimes, that jittery/discombobulated feeling can be fun!
I'd say that's more like cocaine.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I wouldn't know about that, but it makes sense. Caffeine is an "upper" (like cocaine and others) while alcohol is a "downer" (like marijuana and others). . .so being caffeine buzzed is nothing like being drunk in my experience. The difference between being buzzed and woozy.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts

I've been on a cocaine-like high, who knew!?!!! Me, the most naive goody-two-shoes that possibly ever existed!!!!!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
i can't drink dunkin' donuts coffee b/c i'm convinced there's something else in it....i get CRAZY jittery on it, and i'm a coffee girl.

once, when driving cross country, we stopped and got coffee at a rest stop in the middle of nowhere texas, and i didn't sleep for the next 20 hours. again, i was already a coffee drinker! i think they put no-doz or something in it for the truckers. it was insane.

so yes, different places have different "tricks" to keep us all addicted, i would put money on it!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by loriu View Post

so yes, different places have different "tricks" to keep us all addicted, i would put money on it!

yes, i heard this too...urban myth or fact? hmmmmmmm.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.