Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
I will share my story since it is fresh in my mind.

I found out very early i was pregnant. I was 10 dpo and i took a test and had a faint line. It was surprise baby but dp and i were so excited! I waited about a week and then called to make my first prenatal appointment. It was set for about 9.5 weeks, about a month from when i called.

Everything was fine, i was really 'feeling' pregnant, then around week 6.5 on a monday I woke up and just didn't feel the same, my appetite was gone, i thought maybe morning sickness was about to set in. I went to bed and the next morning i noticed a bit of brownish discharge. No biggie at first but then i had red blood, so i decided to call md wife office. By late afternoon I got a call back and they said i didn't need to be seen that day but they moved my appointment to friday (it was tuesday) i had to see another midwife i didn't know but just wanted to get in asap for my peace of mind. Tuesday was horrid. I had bad cramps, just spotting though. My breast became less tender. Wednesday and thursday were more like period days, though thursday i had what i would call mild labor like cramps, likely my cervix was dilating. I remember lying on the couch and murmuring, I think i need to push. I then went to the bathroom and out plopped a mass the size of a golf ball. I know it was the baby and tissue. I called for dp and we looked at it, is was bloody but we saw fleshy like tissue. We didn't take it out of the toilet. I broke down. I didn't know what to do. I finally had dp flush it because i just couldn't do it. I felt okay physically. I had appt the next day. I had slight after labor cramping. At my appt i was checked for hcg, progesterone and thyroid. I waited the weekend and found out my progesterone was low and hcg was only 185, i went in again on monday and the following morning i was told my hcg was 28. By tuesday bleeding had stopped. So about 1 week in all from beginning to end. I have a hard time being unpregnant, in just 3 weeks we had made so many plans and were already trying to decide on baby names. We will likely try later, but this baby was loved so much already, it is hard to let it go just yet.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.