Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3 yr old is going in for her first cleaning. She's scheduled for an exam, cleaning and fluoride treatment. I've heard of all the bad stuff w/ fluoride, but I'm not sure how the treatment compares since it's only topical. Should I skip it, and if so why? I need to justify it to the dentist.

TIA

·
Premium Member
9,138 Posts
I think there are different opinions on this and I'll let others take over on the flouride thing. But I wanted to say that with my sons all I said was we don't need flouride treatments. My back up was going to be that floridosis runs in my family but I've never needed any explanation. No one has even batted an eye let alone asked me why...and we've been to the dentist several times.
I guess I'm saying you may not be asked to justify it and, really, you shouldn't have to.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Just wanted to ditto the pp that you should not be asked to "justify" anything. The dentist is working for you providing services you want, ykwim? In my opinion if you feel uneasy about it, just skip it. The assistant will probably brush it on in a hurry and leave it on for like 1 minute. If your dd is squeamish at all about the dentist, definitely skip it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.