Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
: yup Im a little embarassed about this, but I cant afford to throw the damn thing out.

So first I battle to get the darn thing in, I read the instructions and followed them, it was fairly hard, but I suceeded with only a little tearing of my scar
(yikes)
once in the thing kept tilting and the tail would poke/pinch the sides of my vagina, I tried rearranging about 8 times, higher, lower, this way, that way,
: nothing worked.
So I thought Id take it out and *sigh* start again...

Well jeez! I couldnt get the friggin thing out! It took almost 3o minutes of tugging, twisting, pinching, pulling, and finally yanking
:
<--all that means OUCH!!!!

Now Im just plain old scared to try again.
Maybe I shouldnt have gotten the size 2?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
hmm..it should NOT take that long to take out. have u joined thekeeper yahoogroup they have lots of tips.

did u have a vaginal birth? did u try folding it once then again before putting it in?
did u try putting it in while sitting on the toilet? you could try cutting the tail so it wont poke u, try to aim towards ur back. i always make sure it fits over my cervix (sorry TMI)

to take it out, again sitting on the toilet makes it easier. put two fingers in, grip the bottom of the cup and squeeze and then pull down

HTH
it shouldnt feel like anything is there when it's in properly. keep trying. once u get it right u'll love it

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I've had a horrible time with the Instead cups and with the Nuva Ring. Both of them were hard to insert, then wouldn't stay in the right place and would pinch and poke me. I finally realized that they are too big for my body. I don't know a lot about the sizing of the Diva cup or Keeper, but I think your issues could totally be a size thing.

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
I had a really difficult time with Diva cup when I first got it. Insertion was very difficult....and then it hurt while inside....and then removing it practically made me pass out from the pain. But now I am about 6 months in, and I LOVE it!!!

The insertion/removal pain was alleviated by technique. I just kept at it until I found (maybe the second month?) a way that consistently worked and was not painful. The wearing pain was alleviated by: cutting off the stem entirely, and kegeling like a mad woman
The stem was rubbing, and the cup was actually falling and making it rub more. It was like my vaginal opening was too small for it to insert/remove comfortably, and my vaginal walls were too weak to hold it in firmly
:

But now all is well, and I am loving my Diva. Hope it works out for you, but if not, doesn't it have a one year guarantee? Mine did....

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
When removing, did you try slipping a finger up the side of it and indenting it a bit? That's what works for me, breaks the suction and makes it a bit smaller in circumference. Can become a tad messy though.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I agree with Meiri to get it out, or try once you have a hand on it to bear down a bit to sorta force it out.

I hated mine the first 2 days until I figured it out, I'm not so sure I 100% love it yet and I may still need to tweek it a bit next cycle but I'm sure eventually I will like it. And if you never like it there is a one year money back guarantee and there is an 800 number on the box if you need it.

I posted about this a few weeks ago, it is probably a few pages back. I ended up cutting the stem off of mine also. I am using a size 1 because either I ordered the wrong size or they shipped me the wrong size :LOL. Anyway it's probably best for me since I'm uh smallish inside and I had a bit of trouble getting it in and out but once it's in I don't have any problems, I think yours could be a size issue. I don't think a size 2 would fit me since a 1 is a snug fit. From the paper in my package I read the size 2 is only 1/4 inch bigger than the 1 anyway.

Folding it really makes it easier to get in and out without pain and try angleing it more towards your back than straight up. There is a real learning curve to this thing but once you figure out the right spot it shouldn't give you any trouble. I don't feel it unless it needs to be emptied, it sorta moves itself down when almost full so then I know I need to empty it.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone,
I did have a vaginal childbirth(9lb,big head) so really this penis size thing shouldn't be so painful and difficult.

Thanks for the heads up on the return policy, I went and checked the box, and yup there it was, phew, and I saw the 800 number, so that might come in handy too.
Im definately not trying again this month, but I think next month Ill try with a size one, and a cut stem

Ive heard it takes awhile to get it right, but I cant imagine going through that ordeal even once more.

·
Registered
151 Posts
cut the tail off! I had the worst pain in my life from that digging in to me when I was unable to get to a restroom to fix it.

also to get it out I bear down to get it low and slide a finger around the rim to release the suction and gently pull it out.

good luck - I
mine now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts