Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i was feeling really naseaus the other night because of something i ate .. So i went to lay down and i noticed the baby was kicking like CRAZY, like being super super active, way more than usual. Went to throw up, and although i felt better and the baby's movements calmed down.....a little while later he/she(dont know the sex yet) was kickin like crazy again almost like something was bothering him/her. Do you think i might have caused my baby distress? Has this every happened to anyone before? I'm worried

·
Registered
661 Posts
I worried during my pregnancy (DD born 2/2011) because my DD would occasionally go crazy with the movements. It often felt like she went sideways and would kick and kick and kick.

It would be quite a lot of movement, such that I was exetremely uncomfortable at times.

She is a normal and healthy baby, although she is still a total wiggle worm and a very active baby.

·
Registered
856 Posts
We had hiccups that made me crazy, I did not realize that the babe had hiccups until she had them after birth and I was like : okay, it weren´t seizures after all :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I am pretty sure movement is always good, even it seems excessive.
thumb.gif
DS1 was super active--"kick counts" were a joke, since I could get 10 in less than 30 secs. He also had hiccups a lot, which do feel pretty strange. He had the hiccups constantly after he was born and was a flailer and super active ex-utero.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sometimes excessive movement can indicate an allergy; if you notice a similar reaction after eating that same food again, you may want to avoid it during pregnancy and lactation and be cautious when introducing it in solids.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Sometimes there may be excessive movement if something is just irritating the baby or if something is different. For example, my baby went totally crazy when I went into labor and after each contraction she would buck and kick like she was super ticked off. :) It could just be that the roiling in your bowels is agitating the baby. Sometimes eating cold foods or tummy upsets in Mom can do that. As long as the heart rate is good, baby is probably just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.