Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Originally I dry pailed. But I started to be tired of the staining (even though they easily sun out
), so I switched to rinsing out the poops in the toilet and wet pailing. In nb days we were washing every 24-36hrs anyway.

He's 8mo and on semi-solid foods (still bf too) and I dump, dunk poop diapers and still wet pail the poop ones (keep the pail away from him by keeping it in the bathtub).

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
DS is still EBF so we just dump the poopies in the dry pail and do a cold wash first. Sometimes we still get staining, but I just sun them out! Not sure what we're going to do when we start solids though!

Maybe we'll do what zen-sizzled is doing!

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mamas

I am rinsing poopies in the bathtub ( one we don't use and faucet has best pressure) and toss in wet pail. Tossin in a dry pail didn't jive with me. Rinsing in the tub isn't so great either.

I'm wonderin if I might just break down for a minishower.......

but, how does *that* work?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
EBF baby here and we use a dry pail.. No rinsing or anything.

From baby to pail to washing machine (cold WASH then HOT wash) to the dryer. Few stains here and there. But I find that micro lined dipes come cleaner easier... HTH

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Yep, I use fleece liners in stuff that isn't already fleeced lined and that cuts down on any staining. Actually, dd is 10 months and still mostly bf, so I have only had to worry about solid poop removal maybe 6-8 times so far.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I used to just dry pail them but then when I had one solid poop I rinsed it off in the laundry room sink.. and now even when it's just bf poop (like if she hasn't eaten solids in a couple days and I get to reminisce!) I still rinse it because I've had a taste for it and it's not so bad coming off fleece. Then I wring it out really good and toss it in the dry pail.

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
I used to just toss them in the dry pail & do a cold rinse, then a hot wash. Now, I'll rinse them out in the toilet, wring them out, and put them in a separate pail. Don't really know why, but I can't wash poopy ones with the "just wet" ones anymore.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
I rinse with my minisprayer then toss in a dry pail. then throw them in the wash on hot.... rinsing with the minisprayer seems to eliminate the need for the cold wash first so far. Course she is only 19 days so things may change as she gets bigger, LOL. But so far so good.. no stains

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
We go from the baby to the dry pail to the washing machine. I originally tried to rinse the diapers off, but couldn't get the poop off the diaper very well and found that sometimes it made the stains set in deeper. I wash everyday, so we don't usually have too much of a problem. If a stain sets in, I just sun them out on our window seat and they are gone in less than an hour.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Tossed into the dry pail. When I have time, I try to let that load soak for a couple of hours or overnight in cold water (nothing added). That usually takes care of any stains. If I don't have time to soak, they usually come clean within a couple washes or I'll lay them in the sun for a little while.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Even at nine months and with some solids, unless the poos are able to roll off (then we just roll them into the toilet and flush) they go into the dry pail then the washing machine. I just can't be bothered to dunk right now. We've had no problems so far.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3littlemonkeys
nak
dry pail, no rinsing, cold soak/wash, hot wash. We rarely get stains.
ditto

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I'm pretty much on the same idea as everyone elese, we are EBF (only 3.5 months) and we just put the diaper in a dry pail, cold pre-wash, HOT wash, 2 rinses... we have some stains on my VB (so so sad) so next time i'm at walmart i'm going to get some fleese to cut up for linners in them. B/C my sugar peas that have fleese linned snap ins hardly ever show the stains, so i agree that the fleese linners would really help!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.