Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I am 12 weeks postpartum. We are exclusively nursing and baby C does not sleep through the night, he wakes at least once between 12 and 6am and nurses to sleep. I haven't had any cramping, and before the bright red thumb sized spot I experienced this afternoon there has been no spotting since lochia, After the unusual spot there has been nothing. When I first found it I thought "oh man, my period." When that didn't appear to be the case I thought, "OH CRAP! That's seems a lot like implantation!" And I did a pregnancy test. It was negative, but I will retest in two weeks just in case it was and my body hasn't made enough HcG...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I guess my questions are:</p>
<p>Have any of you experienced something like this while EBFing? If so, what was the cause?</p>
<p>Could it have been implantation?</p>
<p>Could it have been a precursor to the inevitable AF?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any ideas or experiences would be greatly appreciated.</p>
<p>TIA</p>

·
Registered
850 Posts
<p>i had the same thing not too long ago which i posted about and it turned into this huge "dont use BFing for birth control" thread lol.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>my ds is 3 months. every now and then i spot *just a little* then nothing happens. no idea why. it wasnt implantation for me, and with my first ds, i didnt spot like this at all, even right before my period.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>so im just as confused as you</p>

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
<p>I'm not sure what it is, but I did have it happen when DD was about12ish weeks (could have been a couple weeks on either side, it's been almost a year and a half). for me it wasn't pregnancy, and it wasn't my cycle returning (that happened a couple of months later). I think it may have just been a tender cervix got irritated, I spotted a few times throughout my pregnancy with her too. </p>

·
Registered
764 Posts
<p>I spotted after my 4th baby's until 7 monthes pp.  It was really frustrating, but it was my hormones being out of wack, I had pp thyroidism and low progesterone.  I corrected the low progesterone with vitex and the pp thyroidism went away on its own.   </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts