Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this will be a good week for everyone who wants to exercise.

Sunday: biked
Monday: nothing. I planned on us going for a walk, but I couldn't find the house keys.
Tuesday: walked
Wednesday: uh, cleaned the kitchen. I planned on us walking, but I went in the kitchen before we were going to leave and found that the dog had gotten into the compost (which has a lid to keep him out) and spread it everywhere. I spent an hour cleaning and mopping instead of walking.
Thursday: walked, but just with the children and not the dog. The dog decided to flee for the day.
Friday: yoga
Saturday

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Thanks for starting this week's, madrone! I just can't seem to get anything in on Sun or Mon these past few weeks. Thankfully, I get going after that!

Sunday: nothing
Monday: nothing, slept in
Tuesday: 35 min walk
Wednesday: yoga dvd
Thursday: 30 min walk with dog...in the cold rain! I couldn't not walk again!
Friday:
Saturday:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Okay, I'm finally back on the workout train!!

Sunday - slept in - my kids slept at my parents house the night before, so I *had* to take advantage

Monday - 35 mins treadmill
Tuesday - 50 mins yoga dvd
Wednesday - ended up not working out b/c i was planning a dvd and we lost power!
Thursday - denise austin dvd (20 mins cardio, 20 mins weights)
Friday - 20 mins cardio
Saturday - 50 mins yoga dvd

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm glad that I'm not the only one on this thread. At the beginning of the week, I was sort of worried. Marilyn, you are really the one who is the exercise person, so I was worried about that I'm stepping on your toes by starting the new weekly thread. And then I was just worried about being a thread killer and that's why others weren't here. During my first trimester, I kept seeing this thread while being very sick and thinking, "How are they managing exercise?" Luckily I was toned when I got pregnant because I didn't do anything at all the first trimester. So I was happy once I got to where I could exercise daily and join in.

Completely off-topic, but my dog and I are really in a power struggle. It seems like this happens every so often. Right now, we've had a couple of dynamics change: one, the weather changed (and we let the dog start sleeping next to the wood stove so he'd be warm) and two, DH is working a few weeks for someone else, rather than himself. The dog has taken the changes as him having the opportunity to be on the top rung.

A long bump this time.

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by madrone View Post
I'm glad that I'm not the only one on this thread. At the beginning of the week, I was sort of worried. Marilyn, you are really the one who is the exercise person, so I was worried about that I'm stepping on your toes by starting the new weekly thread. And then I was just worried about being a thread killer and that's why others weren't here. During my first trimester, I kept seeing this thread while being very sick and thinking, "How are they managing exercise?" Luckily I was toned when I got pregnant because I didn't do anything at all the first trimester. So I was happy once I got to where I could exercise daily and join in.
First of all, please don't worry about stepping on my toes!! I'm glad to see someone start it up when I don't get to it right away! For some reason, Sun and Mon have not been working for me for exercise lately.

Second, I'm not sure why more aren't joining in. You aren't a thread-killer
There hasn't been much activity on these 'exercise threads' most weeks, since Danielle started them way back (July?). It doesn't bother me, I'm just a little surprised, I guess. I figure that if we keep the thread bumped up, that hopefully it will at least stay on some mamas' minds and keep them moving...or at least thinking about it!

Thanks for your input, madrone. I hope your dog struggles end sooner than later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.