Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know any exercises safe for pregnancy or techniques to help with lower back pain? I got pregnant again faster than anticipated and didn't really get my strength back, plus I'm caring and carrying 2 little ones. I'm having trouble sleeping because my pelvis and lower back are aching at night. TIA!

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
Yoga and pelvic rocks.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I too have been experiencing extreme lower back pain recently. Of course mostly over our vacation last week, lots of walking and driving and staying in all sorts of beds (one was actually a 2 inch pad for a mattress in a cabin). Not sure if it was connected to my sciatica I sometimes experience but I'm sure it didn't help.<br>
So... finally back home (after an overall wonderfull vacation despite..) and have been taking it a little easier. Stretching helps a lot as does lying on my back and either rocking back and forth with one knee up at a time or both. I also recommend that position where you pull your right knee over your body with your left hand, have your right arm extended and face it and just breathe. (opposite as well of course).<br><br>
Not sure if this is clear at all. Good luck though. And make sure you're wearing good shoes!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts