Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so I am 25 weeks pregnant and I have been lazy. I work 40 hours a week sitting down, I do get up and move, stretch, but i am looking to see what other lovely ladies did during their last trimester to strengthen there uterine muscles for labor and delivery. I do alot of yoga stretches and try to walk but am looking specifically for pregnancy poses I would be able to do while standing by a desk at work.
Thanks in advance!!:smile:

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can't do this by your desk, but I have been taking barre method classes for a few years now and continued to take them during my pregnancy. I highly recommend them if you can find them in your area. It's a lot of focus on your core, legs, and pelvic floor (including lots of squats) and there aren't even that many accommodations you need to make for pregnancy. I felt like it really helped me get and stay strong for labor. I had an 8 hour labor and pushed for 5 minutes (my first baby). Anecdotal, I know, but it definitely didn't hurt!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much i will have to look into Barre method classes but yoga and squats is pretty much my daily work out routine for now, at least the next couple months :grin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts