Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
How is it different/better than "regular" omega fatty acid supplements? Is it just something that's marketed to pregnant/lactating women? I'd have to read the label and get some more information, but my cynical mind wonders if it's just a clever way to put more money in the Infamil coffers by marketing to a certain demographic.

Or am I asking the same question you are?

Anyway, will be interested to see the other responses.

~Nick

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
I agree with the others that it is just a new marketing ploy from enfamil. I read up on it when it first came out, and it's all about taking it while you're pregnant blah blah and oh yeah if you're nursing too blah blah - you can trust it because it is made by the leading infant nutrition company blah blah.

If you really want to take an omega-3 suppliment, which can be a good idea, there are very nice ones available at your local co-op/natural food store. I can't think of any brand names off the top of my head, but I do remember seeing them. If you eat fish, fresh wild salmon is very high is omega-3 (and I personally find it very tasty!), and flax is high in it too if you don't eat fish or are a vegan. Basically, in my humble opinion, much better places to go look for Omega-3 than a formula company.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts