Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am 3 years into my bachelors program in Maternal/Child Health: Lactation Consulting. I am now at the point where I need to accumulate 900 hours of breastfeeding assistance. If anyone out there needs help or might like a personal breastfeeding class, please let me know (PM or email me). I have lots of breastfeeding experience, both as a nursing mother that has overcome all sorts of problems, and as a doula.

Victorian

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Hi Victorian!
I'm due in May with #1, and I'm pretty freaked out about BF. My sis got horrible infections with 2 of her babies and just couldn't do it. My nipples have always been really sensitive and I can barely touch them now that I'm pg. I think I need to get over my fear and learn to believe that I can do this successfully. Can you help me?

Thanks, mama!

Jenn

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to help you! Maybe a prenatal class and then help after the birth. Two things jump to mind with what you are saying...infections (mastitis?) and sore nipples would to me seem to be a healthy amount of milk combined with a bad latch that didn't drain the breast. It is very common to have sore nipples during pregnancy (my first sign of pregnancy both times!). That is a great sign that your body is reving up for feeding you baby. Keep in mind that with a great latch, the nipples will be well within the baby's mouth and receive minimal trauma. What soreness there is can be soothed.

PM me and we can talk further and arrange a meeting.

V.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Victorian - a friend forwarded me your post and I think you may be my new best friend! Really though, I am expecting triplets in the middle of February, it's my first pregnancy and I am determined to breastfeed my babies! I wanted to register for a breastfeeding class, but with triplets on the way preparations were abundant and time got away from me...
I am optimistic about breastfeeding, but I know I am going to have to establish both a strong supply and a strong routine to feed each baby breastmilk exclusively.
Do you think you may be able to help?
Thanks, Sarah

PS: I am new to this site and imagine that maybe we should talk privately but am not sure how...I think I set up my profile to allow private emails, but if not I'll take your reply off this post...

Thank you!
Sarah

·
Registered
87 Posts
my first baby is coming in may- and although i'm hoping that breastfeeding will be a breeze, i'm not sure that it will be (is that just pregnancy paranoia)? i'm also worried about emotional support after the baby and wondering if a doula is a good idea for us. any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.