Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if there are any other mamas out there with families on the bigger side then the social norm.

:

So far only one negative comment has been thrown our way about how me being pregnant just isn't surprising any more
but we haven't told DH's gma who offered to pay to get him "fixed" after #3

·
Registered
52 Posts
This will be my third but our 5th together. He has two from a previous marriage and I have two from a previous marriage. I'm excited. I'm the oldest of six so I always envisioned having a home full of children.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm pg with #5 and thrilled. I love having a big family and now it will become even bigger!!

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey everyone! Glad to see us all here.

Tricia~ I am also LDS.
:

Chrissy~ I feel like I have seen yo on another thread or something.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
number 5 here i have 02, 04, 05, 07

so afr so good on the negative commetns except one horrible woman at school today who told me i need my head examined and that i am crazy, i have no life, i need to cut the baby(evie not Unborn) off and get a life, looked incredulous when she found i dont leave evie in creche. err why would i want to have a baby to put it in the care of others unless i HAD to, i dont have to, i am a stay at home mum, if i had to in order to work out the home, thats different, but she seemed to think that cos she HAD to put her kid in childcare that everyone should to "have a life"
she basicaly said it was "gross" to BF a 15 month old who has *gasp* teeth and eats "real" food.

she also said that she and other tax payers are supporting my family cos i get "a fair bit of working tax credits and all that" yes i do get it but it is what we are entitled to based on DH earnings. and what business is it of hers.

Kiz

it was nasty, im still mad about it but i know that i am doing the right thing by my family.

Kiz

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I think it depends to some extent on what circles you move in . . . this is #3 for us, and for our families that's just barely getting with the program (DH is one of 5, I'm one of 3, most of our cousins are 3somes) but we are the first to go for 3 in this generation (pretty much). However, in the circles I work in 3 is considered to be a lot. By a lot of people.

I doubt we're stopping here, though, so they'd better just get used to it! DH seems to think we are in competition w/a friend of his whose wife is expecting #6 next month
I'm not sure that realistically our resources will allow more than 4 but I will feel cheated if we don't get there eventually (ONE BABY AT A TIME, please gods!)

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Kiz~ That is just horrible! I know my fair share of people like that as well. Society has turned children into a bother which is so so sad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.