Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a continuation of our previous expecting our rainbow babies thread. All are welcome to join!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welcome Spring! I'd love to hear from everyone - how are you doing, @Lizafava, @t2009, @Marumi, @1babysmom, @farmerheather, @ascher21, @fireant & @kindofcrunchy82?

Everything is good here. I'm coming up to 34 weeks this week. I'm getting excited about having a home birth this time and we have been gathering all our supplies. Still feeling pretty good, though sleep is starting to get a little more challenging. I hope everyone is well!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Wow, 34 weeks @azohri! You must feel like birth is just around the corner! Lucky you if you've been sleeping well before now! I feel like sleep has been difficult for a while now.

I'm 23 1/2 weeks now & feeling good. I had to travel for work & now the weather back home is crummy so I feel under-exercised. I'm also super tired as I slept horribly on my trip. Other than that, baby is moving a lot & I'm feeling like I need to start thinking about the arrival of this baby. We have so much to do around the house & such before July!

Hope everyone's doing well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
586 Posts
doing good here, had my first appointment and all was well. I am getting an ultrasound tuesday, excited to see the baby and have a bit of peace of mind to see the heartbeat. I am about 9ish weeks.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Glad to hear you're doing well @kindofcrunchy82! I hope the ultrasound goes well, too!

I'm going in for a different kind of ultrasound soon I hope. My breast issues haven't completely cleared though they seemed to be improving & I was determined not to be a worry wart. Well, I check them this morning & I was bleeding from a mole near my nipple right on the border of the areole & the area of the breast that has been red/pink & swollen. Now I'm feeling panicky again & I hate that this has happened on a Friday so I have to wait out the weekend before I can see anyone. I'm thinking I should also schedule an appointment with my dermatologist since it involves a mole. Anyway, just had to get all this off my chest. Please send your good vibes my way. I hope in a week I can say my worrying was for nothing but that doesn't help in the moment.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Going in tomorrow for the breast ultrasound. I'm hoping for good news. Really things overall look & feel better, so I'm not sure what's going on. Otherwise, I realize I need to find time/ways to take care of myself. I'm hardly finding time for my prenatal yoga let alone birth prep! Life is just too busy & I am so tired from a stretch of really not sleeping well.
@kindofcrunchy82, let us know how your ultrasound goes! I'm hoping for happy news.

How's everyone else?? I fear the broken updates mean folks don't even know this thread is still alive.
@Marumi, I've been thinking of you a lot & I hope all is well.

Have a lovely day, ladies!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Appointment went well. Got to see the baby! Heart rate 169. It did a little kick on screen for us too :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How did it go, @t2009? I'm sorry you are going through this right now - it sounds stressful! Hoping you got good news today.

Yay for seeing baby, @kindofcrunchy82! That's awesome. Every little milestone helps a lot.

I'm good, we have pretty much everything ready. I should probably pack a little to go bag for my kids in case I go into labor before my mom arrives at 38.5 wks and we need to take them to a friend's house. I've been organizing and moving things around the house a lot in the last week - I guess I'm nesting. I've outgrown most of my shirts, and my winter coat is getting difficult to zip up - argh.

Come on Spring! I need summer dresses and slip on shoes!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thank you @azohri! It mostly went well. They saw some thickening of the skin that looked more pronounced than they'd expect even during pregnancy but because it was the same on the other side they are not concerned about cancer. No sign of infection either. So a big relief!! They will recheck me in a month just to be sure.

So glad you got to see baby @kindofcrunchy82! How exciting!!

I can't believe you're so close to meeting your baby @azohri! I'm so excited for you!! I wish I'd start nesting. So far I just have a running list in my head of all the things we need to do before baby arrives. I guess that's how I've reacted to pregnancy after losses... I'm enjoying being pregnant but it's still all a bit hypothetical. I think it's time to at least start some projects though!

I hope the weather gets better by you. I'm dealing with the same. I don't have any maternity jacket because I was hoping to eek into spring. It's warm here today but dipping back to cooler temps for the weekend.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome Spring! I'd love to hear from everyone - how are you doing, @Lizafava, @t2009, @Marumi, @1babysmom, @farmerheather, @ascher21, @fireant & @kindofcrunchy82?
Hey everyone..sorry for not checking back sooner. I continue to have the pregnancy from hell. With bot actual pregnancy issues, but every virus, bacterial infection and injury in the book.

Currently I am dealing with broken ribs which may be pretty painful in about 2 weeks when I'm due.

After my baby moved off my urinary tract some and my kidneys improved my son returned to Kindergarten, also because of pressure from relatives.
He brought home bronchitis , the flu and strep throat. I ended up in the hospital with breathing problems for a while.

While coughing my lungs out I fractured 1-2 ribs fairly high up, same area that was damaged during my C-Section. The pain and stress is at an unbearable level atm. Also because of how my family is reacting to everything. I haven't seen much of my sister just once since Christmas and my parents tend to be more concerned with other issues. My health issues in pregnancy aren't talked about. Instead I get told about how messy the household is (I was on bedrest!), that I should not have gotten pregnant or tried to maintain this pregnancy. They just really have their priorities in the wrong place and are being very tactless and insensitive.

I haven't experienced actual pregnancy related issues like I said...no GD, swelling, any sorts of aches and pains, swelling...so it is even more frustrating to be dealing with all this. I feel it is my fault for placing my son into Kindergarten.

I hope everyone is doing well. We are all so very close now so I want to wish you a safe and easy delivery! ♡♡

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Goodness @Marumi. That is a lot to deal with without unsympathetic family members too! I'm sorry. :( Will you plan a vaginal delivery with broken ribs? I can't imagine laboring with a serious injury like that. It's good to hear from you. It's great that you have been able to carry baby this long, your little one should arrive in good health. Hopefully once baby arrives you will get some relief.

What's going on with you, @t2009?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Goodness @Marumi. That is a lot to deal with without unsympathetic family members too! I'm sorry. :( Will you plan a vaginal delivery with broken ribs? I can't imagine laboring with a serious injury like that. It's good to hear from you. It's great that you have been able to carry baby this long, your little one should arrive in good health. Hopefully once baby arrives you will get some relief.

What's going on with you, @t2009?
It is surprising how my body worked through all these problems! The little guy is completely fine thanks God!

A vaginal delivery would cause less damage at least if I can handle the pain. A C Section could fracture my not fully healed ribs like it did in 2011 and I'd have to deal with additional damage and healing after the baby is here.

So I will attempt a vaginal delivery, and also avoid induction cause more difficult labor...plus the longer my ribs can heal the better, maybe I'll be lucky and go 41 weeks.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Hi all! Its good to see everyone's updates, even though it has not been smooth sailing for all. @Marumi - wow, I can't believe all the difficulties you have had to endure this pregnancy. It truly is the pregnancy from hell! I am so sorry, ugh! So glad you are also almost done. @t2009 - super glad you got good news about the mole and the breast issues. I would be freaked out too. Happy to see your pregnancy is going well.

I keep forgetting to check in here and the computer screen hurts my head most days. .

I am okay and getting close. 37 weeks and 2 days. Migraines continue to plague me and absolutely nothing really helps. I have been teetering on the edge of toxic levels of acetaminophen and have been trying norco at night, but that just makes it worse when it wears off. I just want to take ibuprofen which is always effective on my headaches :(

I slipped a disc a few weeks ago which really put me off my exercise routine. I just cannot wait to be done. Sigh.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hello, ladies & happy spring!
@Marumi, I'm so sorry to read that you've continued to have a difficult pregnancy & that your family has been so unsupportive. I'm hoping delivery is as smooth as possible & that you can then start healing! When are you due again?
@azohri, how are you?! You must be so close!! I hope delivery is smooth & sweet at home!

You must be so close, too, @Lizafava!! Sorry the migraines have continued to plague you but hopefully the clear up with delivery (& if not at least you can then take the ibuprofen )! And, man, sorry about the slipped disc. What a bummer for the end of your pregnancy!

I'm doing well. Slowing down a bit lately. My boobs are finally cooperating & things are a lot better on that front. I'll still have a follow-up ultrasound in a couple weeks. I do the glucose test next week, which my midwives do with 2 juice boxes, which I'm happy about. I'm 27 weeks now & just got my Hypnobabies kit. I'm excited to start! But admittedly I haven't been good at making time to take care of myself (yoga, meditation, exercise, etc.) let alone prepare for this baby! Even though this is my second child my friends & family want to throw us a small shower & they're bugging me about a registry. It feels awkward, but I haven't even had time to think about what we might need! Work has been super stressful & taking all my time & energy, something I'm finding harder & harder to sustain. I'll get there though, ready or not!

Good luck to those of you about to deliver & don't forget to update us when you do! It's been a journey!

·
Registered
586 Posts
13 weeks here, found out baby is a girl! Excited to be nearly done with first trimester. And baby has no chromesome abnormalities thank goodness.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Congrats @kindofcrunchy82! That must be such welcome news with the testing & yay for a girl! I hope you're feeling good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
13 weeks here, found out baby is a girl! Excited to be nearly done with first trimester. And baby has no chromesome abnormalities thank goodness.
Congrats, @kindofcrunchy82! That's great news!

Yes, I'm 38.5. I'll probably go to close to 40 weeks (I've gone into labor on my due date twice!), but it feels like it could be any day. It's a busy time of year with finishing up our homeschooling activities, so it's hard to remember that the baby really could come any time. My mom arrives tomorrow and then we'll have support for the kids, so I'll feel ready. The only downside is that we've had to move all our sleeping arrangements. I had been sleeping in my own room (heaven!) because I'm such a finicky sleeper, while my husband goes back to sleep super easily. I'm a bit nervous about functioning with my children with poorer sleep, but I knew it was coming with a newborn anyway. Fingers crossed it's not too difficult an adjustment!

I've tried a few different childbirth meditation tools now, @t2009. Even though I don't love everything about hypnobabies, overall I found it to be the most helpful. I often listen to a track to help me get to sleep at night or back to sleep in the middle of the night. I hear you about the registry. That's hard to get excited about when you are busy and already have a lot of kid stuff.

Keep us up to date, @Lizafava and @Marumi! Wishing you both good labor vibes.

·
Registered
981 Posts
@azohri, I can't believe you've gone into labor twice on your due date!! That's amazing! And I'm so excited for you that you're so close!! Good luck with sleep arrangements! We have something similar--just moved my son's bed into our room temporarily while we redo the floor in his room. But he's got allergies & literally wakes up to blow his nose for like 5 minutes in the middle of the night. Poor guy!

I'm glad you like the Hypnobabies. I'm liking it so far, though having trouble finding time to do it. I definitely like it better than Hypnobirthing, which I felt didn't explain enough about what self-hypnosis actually is.

It's been so long since my son was born that we definitely can use a registry but it's hard to remember what's useful in the early days--not much & yes, I don't want to add to the clutter of big kid stuff!

Good luck wrapping up homeschooling activities & getting ready!

I've got my glucose test this week. Luckily my midwives have me drink two juice boxes instead of the other stuff, so I really don't mind it. And there's no crazy fasting either. I'm not too worried as I've been eating (pretty)well & feeling good so far.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He's here!

Hi all, our baby is here! He was born on Friday at home. It was a pretty straightforward labor, with about 6 hours of active labor. He weighed 8 lbs 5 oz. We are both doing well. My milk is coming in and he's nursing like a champ, though he does seem to like being awake for a long time at night. ;) We are getting used to being a family of 5! I'll check back again when I can. Hope you all are well!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Yay @azohri!!! ❤❤❤ Congrats! I hope you get to enjoy & cherish these early days (despite the not sleeping bit!).

1 - 20 of 42 Posts