Mothering Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
@t2009, yay for 14 weeks! That has to feel so good to be past the first trimester. Although I didn't really feel in a good place with everything until after 20 weeks, when baby got really active. It's such a comfort to feel baby moving. That will be soon for you too!
@Marumi, how are you doing?
@farmerheather, did you ever get answers for what happened with your daughter? It's so hard to have to just wait.

Everything's fine here. I'm finally sleeping well and have good energy during the day. I'm working on doing spinning babies exercises more often, and especially making an effort to get walks in (all by myself!). I'm slowly putting out baby things as I'm sorting through things for the older kids. On one hand 3.5 months still feels like awhile, but I know it is going to come really soon! Especially with the wedding and a vacation in there.

·
Registered
815 Posts
How is everyone doing?

I am hanging in there. Feeling okay. Baby is very active. More active, I think than my other kiddos. I have been struggling with migraines. Tylenol is a joke and I really don't want to take much of it. I have fioricet too but the caffeine in it keeps me up. Counting the weeks until I can take Ibuprofen again! I'm really lucky Ibuprefen works so well for me, but on the other hand, nothing else works *at all*.

I hope you are all doing well. Update when you can!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was on the mend with D Mannose and GSE. I almost felt normal, was still being careful but able to be out with resting up. My kidneys weren't infected or congested anymore.

But the infection returned after quitting D Mannose so we gave another antibiotic a try. I wasn't doing bad before, I had been out for 4 hrs while being able to pee without problems. Just my bladder was having some issues again.
Started the Amoxillin and almost immediately started feeling bad, getting worse every day. My digestion immediately worsened and my intestines and colon started hurting. After 3 days I was only peeing drops, kidneys hurt as well as bladder and my colon was on fire. I actually needed painkillers cause I was shaking in pain. Quit the antibiotics but can not digest anything or eat without everything hurting like hell. Bladder and kidneys improved with more D Mannose and GSE. I won't quit this any time soon but It will ruin us financially. I am trying to sell belongings on Ebay atm...handbags, watches, clothing, baby carriers etc. I can't stand up without horrible pain, if the baby is in a weird position or kicks the pain is almost unbearable. Really not enjoying this atm...

·
Registered
815 Posts
Oh @Marumi! What a nightmare!! I know earlier you had mentioned an early delivery - is that still on the table? When would that be? I am so sorry that *in addition to all that* it is hurting you financially. Please let us know if there is anything we can do (like if you set up a gofundme or something).

·
Registered
981 Posts
Ditto @Marumi. So, so sorry to hear that you can't rid this & that it's such a strain financially. I don't even know what to say. Have you tried reaching out to a maker or distributor of the D Mannose to see if they can give you a deep discount for a "subscription" & in consideration of your situation? I imagine that it's typically used as a short term treatment, so maybe they'd be willing to cut you a deal since it seems you'll need it thru your pregnancy. Big hugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thank you for pinging us, @Lizafava. Glad to hear your doing well & baby is active! But sorry about the migraines. That really stinks. Sorry, I have no advice.

I'm doing well. I have an u/s appointment today to check on the vanishing twin (to make sure it's reabsorbing as expected). We'll take a peak at baby, too, & might find out the sex. (I wanted a surprise at birth but this is a concession to DH who has been amazingly understanding with my refusal of the amnio. I know it's really hard for him because he is more worried about possible outcomes than I am.) I bought some (ok, a lot) of maternity clothes because nothing is comfortable anymore even tho I'm only 16 weeks. My local Gap had a huge sale (clearance items for additional 1/2 off!) so I got a bunch of stuff. I'll keep tags on the more summery stuff, just because I'm still a pessimist about this pregnancy, even though I'm enjoying feeling the first movements.

I hope everyone else is well & I look forward to updates!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Oh @Marumi! What a nightmare!! I know earlier you had mentioned an early delivery - is that still on the table? When would that be? I am so sorry that *in addition to all that* it is hurting you financially. Please let us know if there is anything we can do (like if you set up a gofundme or something).
Ditto @Marumi. So, so sorry to hear that you can't rid this & that it's such a strain financially. I don't even know what to say. Have you tried reaching out to a maker or distributor of the D Mannose to see if they can give you a deep discount for a "subscription" & in consideration of your situation? I imagine that it's typically used as a short term treatment, so maybe they'd be willing to cut you a deal since it seems you'll need it thru your pregnancy. Big hugs.

People on IG and facebook have suggested a gofundme or something similar. Online friends and readers have already sent a bit of money via paypal so now I have about 2 more weeks of D Mannose covered:crying: Really everyone is really being great. I am hesitant about gofundme because I feel bad about taking money. I will have to see what the advantage over a Paypal donation is ans then decide if I will do it.

I haven't been able to get a discount from a seller but I have found a good offer that gets you three for 50. While I am stable this will cover about three weeks I suppose. I just can't let it slide because then I need to start with a higher dose of D Mannose again.

My stomach and intestinal inflammation improved lots and the kidney pain is bearable. Still can't stand much but at least my digestion seems to recover. My kidneys are congested between grade 1-2 atm.

Early delivery: The risk of preterm labor is always there in a way simply bc bladder and kidney infections can start labor and cause rupture of the membranes. That is also why I want to take D Mannose nonstop bc it avoids reinfection. I would not get induced before 37 weeks. There is a surgery done here that inserts a firm tube between kidney and bladder but it is very high risk for complications and pre term labor and women are usually not fully infection free. So I chose bedrest over that.

Oh and yes, D Mannose is usually a 5 day treatment but it seems with the little guy on my kidneys and urinary tract reinfection happens almost right away. He got off my urinary tract for a little moving into a center position and I felt like normal. I was able to pee after having been upright and l. When he is on my urinary tract my bladder can only fill when I rest on my side.

No one aside from my GP monitors me right now. My OB has been calling about missed appointments, tests and shots but they are too far away. You are not even allowed to ride in a car laying down so no one can take me either and everyone works anyway.
Oh but when my OB heard about my condition she pretty much told me there is nothing she can do anyway since it is not her expertise. It seems I am alone with this and simply told to "make it somehow".

·
Registered
36 Posts
@t2009, yay for 14 weeks! That has to feel so good to be past the first trimester. Although I didn't really feel in a good place with everything until after 20 weeks, when baby got really active. It's such a comfort to feel baby moving. That will be soon for you too!

@Marumi, how are you doing?

@farmerheather, did you ever get answers for what happened with your daughter? It's so hard to have to just wait.

Everything's fine here. I'm finally sleeping well and have good energy during the day. I'm working on doing spinning babies exercises more often, and especially making an effort to get walks in (all by myself!). I'm slowly putting out baby things as I'm sorting through things for the older kids. On one hand 3.5 months still feels like awhile, but I know it is going to come really soon! Especially with the wedding and a vacation in there.
Thanks mama... We didn't. We did do pathology, etc, but everything came back normal. I was so out of it and in shock I didn't ask them to check for infections, so I don't know if they ever did. For a few weeks afterwards, with all my googling, I got very upset and nervous about incompetent cervix... It seems like that's the go-to among mamas who have had PPROM, like many mamas even argue that it's "phantom" and you can have it happen almost instantaneously and not see it later on an ultrasound. It really freaked me out. But most care providers I've talked to have said that's just not true, and the OB who did my D&E after the birth said she was not concerned about that at all. I also had a 12 hour labor (normal, with increasing contractions) and a pushing phase almost as hard as my full-term son, and I have also heard that IC usually means you don't really "feel" dilation in a normal way. So anyway, as you can see, I'm still a little bit work through my fears about this (since I just rambled about it :p) but I feel confident that isn't what happened.

We had moved (we live on a beautiful farm) to a tiny, tiny apartment in a nearby city right before I got pregnant. We had just a horrible, horrible situation there. Our neighbors below smoked 24 hours a day inside, and it was essentially in our apartment, constant breathing smoke, our clothes smelled, everything. It was infuriating and heartbreaking putting my toddler to bed in a room filled with secondhand smoke every night and I worried so much about the pregnancy. Then they turned out to also be crazy, would yell at us daily and threatened us, and my son :( To the point where we ended up calling the police a few times it was so bad. We got legal help to break our lease and left as soon as we could, but it was well into the pregnancy. I carried SO much physical stress, anger, and anxiety... Not to mention the smoke. I just can't believe that didn't maybe affect the pregnancy in some way.

We moved back to our beautiful farm in June and lost baby in July. We're still here now, and our entire lives are so much more peaceful, supported, healthy, beautiful... My first son (and our daughter) were born in this house, we have so much outdoor space and fresh air, healthy home grown food. I really really hope that being back in this nurturing environment will make all the difference and allow us to have another healthy, full term, beautiful baby <3

·
Registered
36 Posts
@azohri how are you feeling these days?
@Marumi, your whole journey sounds so overwhelming. you're so strong and doing so much! it's a beautiful thing if people can help you, even if it's financially. people love to help people they love and care about, and if finances is what you need, embrace it :) I would have a really hard time with that too, so I know what you mean, but I also know that if it were me, I'd be thrilled and love to give to you what you needed to be healthy and safe in your pregnancy.
@t2009 how was your ultrasound? i'm totally wearing maternity clothes too, and i'm only 10 weeks! I am just going with it, I think my body is just like, yep, we know what's up this time around. It's so nice to be comfortable!

I'm sure everyone is different, and we all have our own unique strategies, but for me, especially after this loss, it's helping so much to just dive into the pregnancy, to just feel really pregnant, wear my belly out, do prenatal yoga, eat like I'm pregnant, talk to the baby, buy lots of baby things, etc... It's just making me feel more confident and connected, like yes, dammit this baby is going to be strong and healthy and come be with us! It doesn't make me not worry too, but it's helping me feel like everything is real, and I can feel more courageous somehow.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
@Marumi, goodness, what a lot to go through! I'm sure each passing week is a relief as we get closer to the babies arriving. I'm glad you are getting some support. Please keep us updated and feel free to come here to vent.
@t2009, I think maternity clothes are warranted by 8 weeks in a second or later pregnancy. Your body knows what to do and it's important to be comfortable! Did you find out the gender at the ultrasound? Did everything look good?
@farmerheather, my loss was similar. It was at 15 weeks and I had a 12 hour painful labor (I agree, not incompetent cervix). We did genetic testing on the baby but because I stayed home to miscarry, I didn't have infection testing done until months later. I was also tested for clotting disorders, etc. and everything came back normal. Our best guess is that it was some kind of infection. In any case, I'm now at 27 weeks and finally feel relatively at ease. Those first 20 or so weeks were really hard!

Baby is moving a ton and I'm happy that she seems to be settling on my left side. My first was posterior and that led to a c-section, so I'm very aware of positioning! I'm still staying active and doing pilates and yoga, but I feel the third trimester coming on. I have a waddle and it's getting hard to roll over. :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I saw my midwives today. They accepted my home tested glucose values (fasting and 2 hr post meals) in lieu of the glucose test without a problem. They also tested my iron at my request and it was 12.1, which is just in the normal range. I'm not sure if I'm fine or if I should open another bottle of Floradix. Any thoughts @Lizafava? I was going to do another bottle a little closer to my due date, but could go ahead and do one now.

·
Registered
815 Posts
@azohri - 12 is great, especially in mid-pregnancy. It usually is at its lowest around 30 weeks and then climbs back up by the end.

Well, I think I am the first in the group to reach 28 weeks today! In my mind this is the official start of the 3rd trimester, yay!

I talk to clients a lot about the differences with third pregnancies, so its funny that I am feeling surprised by all this. Having tons of contractions, like, all the time. Baby is in a crazy position and changes these positions frequently. The other day I am pretty sure he was transverse with his back pressed against my fundus somehow. Crazy third babies! I finally bought a maternity belt to wear to help with both situations, but alas, it is made for much longer torsoed person and I don't think it is going to work.
@Thefarmerheather - thanks for sharing your daughter's story. I am inspired by how you are embracing your pregnancy. I am going to try to do more of that now that I am getting closer to the end. Can you tell us more about your farm?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks @Lizafava, that's helpful!

I'll be 28 weeks on Tuesday. It felt like a slow, slow transition from first to second trimester. The third trimester feels more like "oh yes, I've hit *that* point". I feel big, awkward, slightly uncomfortable. Having to pee more at night. Braxton hicks. Baby is moving all the time is fun though. And we are getting close to the end. Exciting!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I guess I'll post here. We lost our 4th baby Max two years ago on the 6th. We were 25 weeks pregnant. We are now 8w5d and very excited for our rainbow baby!! We'll be due September 14. I'm glad to join this group and cheer everyone on!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Welcome, Nonie's mom! It sounds like you are in a good positive frame of mind with this pregnancy. Let us know when you need support!

I saw a homebirth midwife friend yesterday evening at ICAN. The conversation included a story about a precipitous labor. Afterwards, I asked my friend if we could call her if we ended up with a very quick labor. She said yes, and that in fact if I just decide in labor that I don't want to go into the hospital that I could call her. So nice, but now I'm confused again! I guess I will just wait and see how I feel in labor, but that's hard for me. I'm definitely a planner by nature.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Popping in...19 weeks and anatomy scan came back totally normal. Feeling baby kick every day. We are having a boy!

Reactions: azohri

·
Registered
815 Posts
@ascher21 - yay! Glad everything looked good. I had never had an anatomy scan before - I thought it was pretty fun and so nice to see such a healthy little baby. Hope you got warm and fuzzies out of it too.
@azohri - if it makes you feel any better, I still don't know where I am having this baby. I told my hospital CNM today that I'll probably go ahead and plan a homebirth (cuz I've had two super uneventful homebirths) but if there's anything weird or extra hard at all I'm coming in because.... I just don't care like I used to.

Welcome @Nonie's mom!

I'm almost 30 weeks and this baby is persistently footling breech. Has been since the 18 week ultrasound at least. I know its early to worry about these things, but I wish he moved around *a little*. He seems very happy in this horrible position.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Great news, @ascher21! How are you feeling now? I felt like 20 weeks was around the point that I could finally relax.

I'm also coming up to 30 weeks this week. The footling breech thing would also stress me out @Lizafava. But at least you know all the things to do. Are there any decent options for breech delivery where you are? Lots of time for baby to move too, of course!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Man! It's been a while! So much to catch up on.
@farmerheather, I'm sorry to read about your prior loss, but it's inspiring to hear your approach to this pregnancy! How are you feeling?
@azohri & @Lizafava, it must feel good to reach the 3rd trimester! Yay!

And @azohri, that's great that your midwife friend would be willing to help should you change your mind about venue. Any more thoughts since you posted?
@ascher21, so glad to hear all is going well! I hope things have settled down for your family. I've been thinking of you!
@Lizafava, sorry to hear baby's been hanging out breech, but I agree there's still time for him to move.
@Nonie's mom, welcome! How are you feeling?

Sorry, that was all over the place. My 16 week ultrasound went well but now we have the 20 week u/s coming up next week! We think it's a girl but will get confirmation with the next u/s. I can't believe I'm at 19.5 weeks already. Baby is moving a ton, which is fun, but she's still small enough that she's in hiding some days & I don't feel much.

It's been stressful planning my maternity leave because I'm the primary breadwinner & DH (temporarily) lost one of his gig. And we need a new car. And everything else also seems to be breaking or need replacing! I'm trying hard to find time for exercise & relaxing but it's been tough. I just want sleep & escape from those stressors!

I'm happy we've settled on a home birth after drilling the midwife at my last appointment. I feel good about the decision & I'm thinking of ordering the Hypnobabies self-directed course. I did hypnobirthing last time & had a relatively uneventful midwife hospital birth that was long but lovely. The hypnobirthing really helped. Anyone done or doing Hypnobabies?

·
Registered
586 Posts
hi everyone,

I was over on ttc after a loss for a few months. had a miscarriage about 7 weeks back in october. I got a positive last week, I am really early at about 4-5 weeks. I know the next few weeks I am going to be on pins and needles until I get over the fear of another loss. I haven't had many symptoms yet but I will feel a little hungry one day and the next not and think something is wrong. So far I think I am just being paranoid from having that loss in the fall. I haven't had any cramping or anything. I actually had a colposcopy yesterday and didn't even spot from it thank goodness. i will have my first pregnancy appointment march 22nd and I should 8-9ish weeks then.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts