Mothering Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Welcome @kindofcrunchy82! Hunger has been one symptom that has been incredibly inconsistent for me. One day I'd be ravenous & the next day have no appetite. I'm sure everything is ok! I'm sorry tho that you had to have a colposcopy. I hope it all checks out!

Well, I'm still doing well & baby is active, but I had a terrible night last night! I dreamt that I started bleeding. Then I woke up & spilled some water ... I couldn't fall back asleep because baby was moving like crazy & all I could think about was what if she wraps the cord around her neck. I've been really enjoying this pregnancy & feeling confident but I guess I can't shake that fear of heartbreak. I think I'll order my hypnobabies training so I have affirmations & meditations I can listen to on rough nights like last night. Sorry to be a bummer but I know you guys are the only ones who truly understand the ups & downs. I hope you all are in a better mental state!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Welcome, @kindofcrunchy82. It's nice to see you here!
@t2009, I have hypnobabies and have somewhat used it in my last two pregnancies, as well as this one. The first time I followed it the most closely in terms of what is recommended and was disappointed that I didn't have the blissful pain free birth that it said I would. The second and this time I just used it for learning to relax, help sleeping, etc. I do think it has some useful aspects. I'm not sure it's worth the full price. There is another program, calm birth, that might also be checking out that is much less expensive. I think it is more meditation based, rather than focusing on the idea of hypnosis and pain free childbirth. One nice thing about hypnobabies is that it should be easy to resell.

Poor dear, I hear you about the dreams. I also had miscarriage dreams early in this pregnancy. They are quite horrible. Last night I dreamt the baby turned breech and also I think that I could really feel hands through my stomach, like could almost grab one. I've had such bizarre dreams this whole pregnancy.

There was a new midwife that I met today. She seemed okay, kind, but I didn't love her. I know I don't have to love the midwife on call and it's much more important to love my doula, but it would be nice! I'm basically planning to just see how I feel in labor to decide whether to go in or homebirth. Not my usual way of doing things, but it seems right in this situation. I guess when it comes down to it, I don't fully trust either model. I'm fond of my homebirth midwife, but having lost a baby and not gotten the care I needed from a (different) homebirth midwife, I don't want to be fully dependent on any one person. At the same time, I don't relish the idea of them messing with me at the hospital, even though it is a quite mother and baby friendly place by hospital standards. I guess I might be hoping the baby comes kind of quickly, though not too fast, and that staying home makes sense. I'm also fine with going in if needed.
@Marumi, what's going on with you? Are you hanging in there?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thank you, @azohri, for your kind words. Yes, my dreams have been super crazy this pregnancy. Many are disturbing but this was the first one so far about losing the pregnancy. With my son, I remember having an amazing dream of him & I swimming in a clear blue ocean. Nothing nearly so pleasurable so far in this pregnancy. What a wild dream you had as well! Hopefully we both have sweeter dreams on future nights!!

Thanks for the tip on Calm Birth. I'll check it out. And thanks for your honest assessment of the Hypnobabies course. I know what you mean about not having a "blissful" birth. In Hypnobirthing I felt all we did was watch videos of quiet births & then mine was loud & I felt I didn't get it "right." It still worked well, but was not as advertised (since what was advertised was unrealistic).

Sorry you're not thrilled about your midwife. But I think it's great that you feel you have choices & can decide when the time comes. In any case it sounds like both are good (if not perfect) choices & will support you either way. I hear you on not feeling entirely with the home birth model after loss. I still have my doubts & may end up changing my mind but I do love & trust the home birth midwife practice I'm with. Still can't shake that "what if" voice in the back of my head!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Thanks for sympathizing @t2009. The midwife is one of four in the practice. One of them is awesome, one seems good, one seems competent but I don't quiet click with, and one is the newest I mentioned. In any case, my doula is fabulous so I'll be in good hands in either place!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Had our 20 week ultrasound today & everything looks good. It's a girl! And the MFM said she doesn't have to see me again, so looks like I've been "kicked out" of the high risk doctor & category! The other sac was difficult for the tech to find & very small, with very little visibly remaining there, so it looks like our lost twin has been reabsorbed & the remaining pregnancy is proceeding as hoped. What a relief!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: azohri

·
Registered
537 Posts
Ugh the format here in these forums is just so much harder for me than the social media setup I'm used to. So hard to keep up. I don't get notifications, my tags don't work.

@t2009 yay for a girl! I have bad dreams but so far none about miscarriage, I think I had one at the beginning where a transvaginal caused some bleeding but it turned out I was still pregnant in the dream. My little boy is very active. I'm having a boy. :)

@azhori I had three different midwives at the birth center the first time and only one I really clicked with. Luckily she was able to be my exclusive midwife when I requested it. (They had it on a certain week means a different midwife thing and I just couldn't deal).

I've been feeling ok, I guess. I've been dealing with extended family estrangement that was necessary for my health. It adds another lovely layer to all the usual stress. I ended up stopping my prenatal because I was taking way too much b12 and all of a sudden my panic attacks subsided. Even now when I take a new one it is just not agreeing with me, so i started taking every other day. But they really don't seem to do much for me.

I'm super dairy sensitive and don't love a ton of meat during this pregnancy. Still sticking to gluten free for thyroid. I'm not optimal, but hoping to up dosage soon after testing again. Only gained 8 lbs this time so far. Huge difference. Baby is measuring 1 week ahead so we might end up with a July 4th baby. :)

There's so much less to think about with this pregnancy. I'm also looking into meditations for anxiety. I still have it, but not as bad. My experience with hypno babies and my midwife's perspective was, it's good up to a point. But then there is just a point where most people feel birth. And there are the unicorn peeps who don't and lucky them, but not sure if that is really just them or the hypnosis.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hi @ascher21! I stopped getting notifications too, which is annoying! Glad your boy is active! 2 boys right? I would have been super happy to have another boy!

Dreams are so weird during pregnancy, I can't stand it! That is a disturbing dream you describe, but reassuring in the end, which is good. I had multiple strange dreams last night, but not baby related. I did have a nice dream the other day--didn't meet my little girl but I did but a very cute blue dress for her & I was very happy it wasn't pink. DH is determined to raise a riotgrrl.

Sorry for the stress of your family, but I think it's ultimately good & healthy that you've created some distance. Hopefully the balance of stress is now weighted in your favor even if you're not stress-free. And that's great you discovered too much b12 is triggering anxiety for you, but I'm sure there aren't many prenatal options. I've been trying to stick to gluten free but having trouble since I really crave fat & carbs & also haven't been too keen on meat these days.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Hypnobabies. I lol'd when you described "unicorn peeps"!!

I'm 21 weeks & have a midwife appointment this afternoon. I've had some weird breast changes that have me freaked out a bit, so I'll be glad to have the midwife check me out. I also scheduled an appointment with my doc at the end of the week. I freaked when I discovered one breast was pink & had pitted skin in one spot but it looks like the issue is more symmetrical than I first saw, with the weird skin & swelling on both sides, just one is a bit more pink. That makes it less scary but I also hope it's not an infection as antibiotics are the last thing I want to take right now. But I've just recently outgrown all my bras, so I'm really hoping this is all normal stuff happening. Can't help but worry, still.

I hope all is well with everyone & that others will check in soon... I'm guessing we'll have some babies here soon, if I'm remembering dates correctly!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Well the midwife says something's going on with my breasts but she's hopeful it's just a result of normal changes. She said she's not worried about cancer but is worried it's the beginning of an infection. So I'm to keep an eye on it for a week. They have been changing like crazy the last couple weeks & I've definitely been wearing bras that are now way to tight, so hopefully going bra-less (tricky at work!) will help it all resolve. I'm still going to see my regular doctor because I am (of course) worried about cancer.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Hi! I would love to join this thread. I'm 10 weeks pregnant. We lost the last pregnancy due to Trisomy 18. It's been a bumpy ride. This pregnancy is exhausting and I can't keep things down. So far all the tests are coming back good here though!

·
Registered
586 Posts
hi everyone

a little over 6 weeks now, i am tired, achy breasts and just starting to feel nausea. I didn't feel nausea or tired with my misscarriage so I am hopeful this one is healthy. I think my miscarriage could have been from coming off the pill, my body may have not been ready and had all the extra hormones from the pill. Anyway, last night i woke around 4am, had to pee then couldn't sleep for 2ish hours because of nausea. It was annoying but I was also happy as that means things are moving along well and I am getting morning sickness right around 6-7 weeks like with my 2 healthy pregnancies. First appointment is in 2 weeks. It seems forever away. I wanted to wait a bit til after my colposcopy and next week is spring break for the kids so didn't want to do it then, so now I wait! Hopefully we can hear the heartbeat by my appointment in 2 weeks. i am anxious to tell some people. I am going to tell the girls after the appointment. Ds knows, dh of course and stepmil. FIL is in hospice and dh told stepmil last night on the phone. So the cat is kinda outta the bag...Just wanting to have my first appointment to make it all official.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Welcome @fireant & @kindofcrunchy82! It's great to have you here! Glad to hear you're both feeling your pregnancies & that everything is going smoothly so far!
@kindofcrunchy82, I know what you mean about being glad to feel kind of terrible! Early on its so reassuring. Is everything all clear after your colposcopy? I hope so. And sorry to hear you FIL is in hospice--I hope this was welcome good news for your stepMIL.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Welcome @fireant & @kindofcrunchy82! Those early weeks are so nerve wracking. Hang in there and let us know when you need support.

So, I met with my homebirth midwife yesterday (I'm 32 weeks now). Gosh, it's such a different experience having a prenatal with a homebirth midwife - she was here for an hour and a half instead of a rushed 15 min appt. As long as I don't go early (she is off call for a week in mid-April), I'm going to do a homebirth! Yay. She is giving me a greatly reduced rate for just the birth and postpartum, so I will still go to my hospital midwife appointments through 38 weeks. I think I will probably tell them then that I've decided to do a homebirth. I'm excited!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Man! It's been a while! So much to catch up on.
@farmerheather, I'm sorry to read about your prior loss, but it's inspiring to hear your approach to this pregnancy! How are you feeling?
@azohri & @Lizafava, it must feel good to reach the 3rd trimester! Yay!

And @azohri, that's great that your midwife friend would be willing to help should you change your mind about venue. Any more thoughts since you posted?
@ascher21, so glad to hear all is going well! I hope things have settled down for your family. I've been thinking of you!
@Lizafava, sorry to hear baby's been hanging out breech, but I agree there's still time for him to move.
@Nonie's mom, welcome! How are you feeling?

Sorry, that was all over the place. My 16 week ultrasound went well but now we have the 20 week u/s coming up next week! We think it's a girl but will get confirmation with the next u/s. I can't believe I'm at 19.5 weeks already. Baby is moving a ton, which is fun, but she's still small enough that she's in hiding some days & I don't feel much.

It's been stressful planning my maternity leave because I'm the primary breadwinner & DH (temporarily) lost one of his gig. And we need a new car. And everything else also seems to be breaking or need replacing! I'm trying hard to find time for exercise & relaxing but it's been tough. I just want sleep & escape from those stressors!

I'm happy we've settled on a home birth after drilling the midwife at my last appointment. I feel good about the decision & I'm thinking of ordering the Hypnobabies self-directed course. I did hypnobirthing last time & had a relatively uneventful midwife hospital birth that was long but lovely. The hypnobirthing really helped. Anyone done or doing Hypnobabies?

Im not on here much but popped in to see your message.
I am well. 21weeks today and baby is kicking like crazy. We don't know gender which is just as well.
Measurements are right on track though!
how are you?

41 - 55 of 55 Posts