Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a hard thing to talk about so I'm very sorry if it's TMI or offends someone. I just need to know details.

I would have been 9 weeks when I started bleeding/cramping. For those of you who are/were about the same timing, what exactly did you pass? Was it all just clotty stuff or was there a definable gestational sac/baby? Did the main part all come out together? How long was your cramping/bleeding really heavy/bad? I've basically felt like I've been in labor since yesterday midday, it worsened today and I'm bleeding a lot and having major pain. I've been trying to walk/stand to help this happen but I was in so much pain, now I'm laying down for awhile. I'm getting frustrated and worn out and just want the main part to be over, to know that I've passed it. My daughter's 5th bday is tomorrow and I really really wanted to be over the main part, we had planned to take her to the aquarium and to her favorite restaurant which are both over an hour away. She's super excited and I can't ruin it for her.

So let me know what your experience is/was like. Thanks.

· Registered
807 Posts
I am sorry for your loss, momma

With one of my nine week losses, the bleeding/cramping began at 10 pm and I passed the baby/sac all at once at 5:30 am the next morning. The bleeding continued for 5 days. We saw this baby's heartbeat on ultrasound several times and were shocked that we lost "her."

My 9 week loss in January was very protracted and I passed several egg-sized clots 3 or 4 days after the initial passing of the sac. The heavy bleeding then continued for a week. Interestingly, this loss was a blighted ovum yet it took almost two weeks from start to finish.

I found a follow-up ultrasound reassuring. Although it was heartbreaking to hear the words, "Your uterus is empty," it was also good to know that the process was complete.

I hope you find comfort and peace at this sad time. Gentle hugs to you....

Amy

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I just saw the sticky about details after I posted this. Also soon after, my prayers were answered and I passed what looked to be a placenta, about 2 1/2 in with a little gray spot on it. The cramps immediately were much better and I'm now only cramping a little. I'm hoping that was it but we'll see.

· Registered
1,387 Posts
Did you have and sonogram to find out the baby had passed or just started cramping? I had an sonogram and found out the baby had passed after some bleeding started. So I saw the babies form on the sonogram. I knew I would be passing a baby. I was 8 weeks along.

The reason I ask is because some women don't pass a baby because they had a blighted ovum where the body reabsorbs the baby or the baby may have never formed at all even though there is a sack.

For me I had a large placenta and a baby. I passed little clots and was in real labor from about 2pm until 10pm...the contractions were consistent. The worst was right at the end and felt like real labor. I sat on the toilet and the placenta and baby came out. If you don't look closely you might miss the baby, because it is only the size of a penny, but beautiful and amazing to see.

Also, you may not feel up to doing something tomorrow. The day after my miscarriage I felt ok, but for 2-3 days after that I felt horrible, so tired and drained from anemia which you get from the blood loss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.