Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have been doing some research and was under the impression that humans do not digest grains, starches, sugars well (even potatoes and carrots!!!). I have also read that cooking meat actually creates toxins in it.
It has been suggested by some experts to do without the baked goods and to eat raw meat (obviously you would have to be very careful where you got your meat from)

http://mercola.com/article/insulin.htm (concerning the grains etc)
http://www.wewant2live.com/ (concerning the raw meat)

I can easily give up anything processed/candy/pop etc. I have no problems eating in a healthy manner that way. However, I do love my baked goods. And I've tried raw meat. It's doable, but not easy and certainly not enjoyable.
Can anyone familure with NT tell me.....is there a certain way that this book teaches us to bake and to cook meat that makes it more digestable and does not create toxins? I'm still waiting for my book...can anyone clue me in?

Thanks so much! We would be so excited to hear if she has some magic way to cook these foods that eliminates these problems!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
for grains you would want to whole grain sprouted wheat..sprout your own then mill..etc...or there are a few places that actually make sprouted stuff. It digests better...

meat....I am not sure on the cooking....Sally has both baked recipes and raw..

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Cooked meat is at its worst nutritionally when it is grilled over very high heat and gets a black crispy crust. Cooked meat is at its best nutritionally when it is cooked with low heat over a longer period of time.

I agree that I cannot really enjoy eating raw meat, even though I know it is probably optimal. Life is full of compromises!

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Here is my personal take: grains however they are prepared and cooked are best avoided. I find them extremely addicting -- worse than sugar or coffee, and if you are on the Primal diet they really don't serve you because it is going to make it much harder to follow the diet. Try and hold out on the baked goods, because it does get easier. I actually asked Aajonus if you were going to eat cooked foods which are the least worst and he said, cooked meat. He didn't mention fish but I would think that would apply too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts