Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just showed that video to dh (who turned dd around because he likes to be able to see her) and when it finished, he said, "I will turn her around tomorrow." I have been trying to tell him that rear facing is safer, but he is very visual so that video (with the crash tests) was perfect.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I agree, that the crash tests are very powerful. I am very visual as well. I don't really understand a lot of the car seat rules until I see the crash tests. Then it all makes sense. =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gini1313 View Post
I just showed that video to dh (who turned dd around because he likes to be able to see her) and when it finished, he said, "I will turn her around tomorrow." I have been trying to tell him that rear facing is safer, but he is very visual so that video (with the crash tests) was perfect.

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
That video is awful! I didn't know about extended rear facing with my first two kids even though I have had the seats professionally installed each time they have changed position.

Of course this makes me wish my 3 and 6 yr could still fit rear facing

·
Registered
290 Posts
Above movie on Youtube by Bonnie is very good. You can also check out my short clip on Youtube comparing forward facing and rear facing. Let your DH see this and ask where he wants to put his child..... Hint, have a look at the neck area

Full version of clip is quite interesting as well and can be found here. (sorry about the Swedish language)

If you want a real life example I can suggest the story of Joel, 18 months old and forward facing. Broke his neck, but thankfully lived, in a low speed crash. You can check out Jim's Youtube video here. Jim is Joel's grandpa who is very pissed off about being told forward facing his son was safe and is taking action. He's talking to lots of people and I will also be sending him a Swedish rear facing 55 lbs. car seat so Joel can stay rear facing for a long time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.