Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>We may be temporarily moving to California (6-8 weeks likely) for DH's work.  I'd be 21-29 weeks while we're away.  Low risk pregnancy, no health issues whatsoever.  I guess I'll need to find some sort of prenatal care while away (probably see a midwife and pay OOP for a couple prenatal visits).  Other than making sure I bring my records with me (although, they're not in English, so they may be essentially useless anyway), is there anything else I should think about?  </p>

·
Registered
127 Posts
<p>Will you have health insurance to cover you while you are in the US? It might be worth it to get a policy that will cover international emergencies, if you don't already have a policy from your husband's work, as these kinds of things are crazy expensive in the US. Then again, it may be hard to get a maternity policy if you are already pregnant -- and as you say, you have a low-risk preg and everything is going well. You could also do a quick translation of the main points of your vital records (blood type, due date, and etc) and keep it with you. Good luck to you!</p>

·
Registered
304 Posts
<p>I think if you can make sure you have some type of insurance coverage, then why not?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a friend here in Germany who went back to Canada (she is Canadian and married to a German) for two months....returned at 35 weeks.  All went well in her situation, although she was already covered in Canada.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope you can make it all work out for you and your family!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Tracy</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts