Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hi ladies,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Wonder if any of you have had this, and if so, what it was. I've been getting this terrible pain under my right breast (like right on top of my upper ribs there). It comes and goes. Today, was sitting on the couch, relaxing, and felt an extreme burning sensation in the same spot, it was gone about 15 seconds later. I coughed and it came back just as bad, but then went away. It is excruciating!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I did a quick google search and found and found similar symptoms with costochondritis. Do you all think this is what it could be? Has anyone else suffered from this? (22 weeks with twins if that makes any difference)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks ladies!</p>

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
<p>Hi Nanette! It doesn't sound like costochondritis to me, but all your organs are starting to get squished up and it's not uncommon to have issues like appendicitis while pregnant. It could also be nothing, but I recommend letting your doc know and getting an ultrasound to check it out. I've had pain like that, but it was mostly baby kicking me. I've also had costochondritis in the past, and that's not exactly how I would describe it. Congrats on your twins!</p>

·
Registered
213 Posts
<p>From the location and the type of pain you describe, it sounds like it could be gallbladder-related to me. You might want to have that checked out, if the pain returns. They can do an ultrasound and see if there are any stones that might be causing your issue. Good luck!</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts