Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay about two months ago all 3 of my kids and myself got pink eye. I am guessing a bacterial strain because they weren't sick with a cold or any other noticable illness...

3 days ago, me and ds (19m) are fighting off a cold (begining of one)
:and I see the eye snot. No big deal. Going by the definition I gave a link to above, I think Hes starting to get pink eye from the cold virus.
Its been three days, and I've given him a homeopathic for 'cold and sinus' problems. and when I do his eyes drain a little less, but his nose turns on like a faucet. All yellow and gooey !!!

I won't take him to the doc for antibiotics, He's 3 days in so it won't do hardly any good. (plus I avoid them at all costs, so it would have to last a lost longer to get me to go in)
But we still nurse 10x a day, so I know that is good for him.

Anyone like to enlighten me with any 'pinkeye' facts or stories. I am always amazed at what MDC mommas know !!! THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Goopy eyes: dd had them in the fall. We waited it out. Most people would have gone to the doctor's and gotten a perscription and healed in the next couple of days and attribute it to the medicine. We waited it out and it went away on it's own, probably in the same amount of time.
Of course, we didn't have pinkeye, so I can't comment on that.

g.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah from what I've read pinkeye is just when your eyes get infected thru staph or strep (bacteria) OR when your eyes get pink and itch from a cold or other virus.
But either way I'm mostly letting it clear on its own...Poor kids eyes are gunked shut when he wakes up
:

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Yeah, breastmilk! I'd heard this for years, and just the other day my youngest came down with goopy eyes, so I thought I might as well give it a try. I expressed a little breastmilk into a bowl and dripped it into his eyes that evening. Goop was gone in the morning.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
wow, that is so cool! Breastmilk! I wish I had known that when dd was sick in the fall as I still had boobiejuice flowing back then. It would have been so easy (or much easier than now at any rate).

Making a mental note of it.....for next time.....wonder which one of my friends would be willing (or capable) to donate a little milk for a sick kid's eyes....

(In case someone I know IRL finds this post, I'm just kidding...
)

g.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
he woke up today with no eye snot
:
poor guy had a miserable few but we're all better now....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thank you all for making a poor momma stop feeling GUILTY! I have had three "chastisements" today over this issue......short version, my two kiddos (19 months and 7 months) and I have had really bad allergies all weekend, and now the eye goop, which everyone keeps telling me today is Pinkeye and I am a bad mom for not taking them to the doctor.....I have been squirting breastmilk in eyes, noses, everything place possible all day....and it is getting better, and my kids are happier.......I knew to look to my MDC mommas to make me feel better! Glad I did....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.