Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been making mamacloth with the top cotton, the bottom cotton, and 4 layers of cotton flannel in between. Its not quite absorbant enough, and I'm just not loving the flannel as absorbancy. I was thinking of getting some birdseye to use maybe? I don't know how thick it is. I'd also love to make wool backed ones, but I'm not sure where to get the wool, nor what type to use.

What do you use for absorbency in mama cloth? Where do you get your wool flannel for backing, and what type do you use? TIA

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Some of mine are fleece and some minkee. I like both, but prefer the fleece. I did buy a few organic cotton ones and they are very nice. I only made one from flannel and didn't care for it. Maybe if the flannel was better quality or thicker it would have done better? It started to fall apart soon after making it to.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
I used birdseye and have really loved my pads. I don't remember exactly how many layers I used, but it was about 8 - 10, with 4 - 6 layers in a center section (only in the middle) and 2 - 4 layers for the whole body of the pad. I have a layer of pul on the bottom and a layer of PowerDry (http://www.milldirecttextiles.com/de...75611734176406) on the top. The PowerDry was an experiment and it's been awesome at keep my skin dry. I recently used a natural cotton pad and got a rash

and thanxs for reminding me that I need to order more birdseye quick, 'cause after 4 years, the pul on my old pads is dying and I don't think they'll last through one more cycle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.