Mothering Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Yes this is how the 2011 and 2013 DDCs I was in both still keep in touch. Sounds good to me :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Just clicked to join... It's been very quiet here! I'm not very good about Facebook, but I'll try.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Funny, I feel more private here, with a screen name, than on facebook with my real name, picture, contact info, etc... but I'm sure I'll join the fb group soon. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Unfortunately, the group got closed.
In the interest of maintaining the truth of the matter, AnyaRose posted a picture of her son's penis to the group. She was reported (not by me) which led her to ask if the picture of her son's penis made anyone feel uncomfortable. When some people said it did, she changed the group to "secret" and dis-included those who said it made them feel uncomfortable.

Bizarre.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually in the interest of not spreading rumors I don't know to be true, Facebook deleted the entire group because the group member reported me (the one who started the group) for posting the picture of his penis (which had a strange bump on it and I was asking for advice if anyone had see something similar and if they knew of a home remedy) in a private and what I thought was a secure setting amongst other natural minded mamas... Then someone (no names) reported the whole group to FB for the post asking about who reported me. Apparently after two reports they shut down the group. Ask anyone who was in it, it's not "secret" as you assume @Soleilmama333, it was completely closed down. I didn't post the whole story because I thought it was very dramatic of the group and didn't want to bad mouth other people.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Actually in the interest of not spreading rumors I don't know to be true, Facebook deleted the entire group because the group member reported me (the one who started the group) for posting the picture of his penis (which had a strange bump on it and I was asking for advice if anyone had see something similar and if they knew of a home remedy) in a private and what I thought was a secure setting amongst other natural minded mamas... Then someone (no names) reported the whole group to FB for the post asking about who reported me. Apparently after two reports they shut down the group. Ask anyone who was in it, it's not "secret" as you assume @Soleilmama333, it was completely closed down. I didn't post the whole story because I thought it was very dramatic of the group and didn't want to bad mouth other people.
I received an email from Facebook stating "Rose N Nico changed the privacy of the group June 2016 from Closed to Secret." Which then had the options to "view group" or "leave group." I was just going off of that. I thought it was pretty straightforward. I can assure you, no assumptions were made.

·
Registered
164 Posts
No rumor spreading here.

I received an email from Facebook stating "Rose N Nico changed the privacy of the group June 2016 from Closed to Secret." Which then had the options to "view group" or "leave group." I was just going off of that. I thought it was pretty straightforward. I can assure you, no assumptions were made.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"No assumptions were made"

How is posting this quote below to a public forum without asking me personally (and even going to the point of talking about me in third person in a thread I am clearly active in) NOT assuming?

"(...)she changed the group to "secret" and dis-included those who said it made them feel uncomfortable."

It's clearly stated as a fact. An assumption, if you will. Clearly you mistook the situation yet are clearly unmoved by new data that doesn't fit with your previous assumptions. Don't talk sh*t about people when you don't have the facts straight and don't care to go to the source to verify.

·
Registered
164 Posts
"No assumptions were made"

How is posting this quote below to a public forum without asking me personally (and even going to the point of talking about me in third person in a thread I am clearly active in) NOT assuming?

"(...)she changed the group to "secret" and dis-included those who said it made them feel uncomfortable."

It's clearly stated as a fact. An assumption, if you will. Clearly you mistook the situation yet are clearly unmoved by new data that doesn't fit with your previous assumptions. Don't talk sh*t about people when you don't have the facts straight and don't care to go to the source to verify.
You may want to take this up with Facebook then. They have sent several people from the group messages stating that you changed the group from Closed to Secret.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was also notified that Rose Nico changed the status of the group from closed to private. I tried to post something but couldn't. And then it was gone! I'm a bit sad.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I was wondering what happened. I didn't have anything to do with any drama and now I can't find the group at all when searching. So the group got shut down by FB? That's too bad.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Oh, I was looking for it to share my ultrasound pics & get some advice... can we start a new one?

Anyway, anatomy scan ultrasound yesterday at 20&4. Everything looks great, except for an echogenic focus on the left ventricle... which they said is often a calcium deposit, and not to worry about it, especially since my Harmony test came back extremely low risk for all the chromosomal anomalies. So... trying not to worry. Going in for a level 2 ultrasound in two weeks due to this, the fact that they couldn't see the abdominal wall because the kid's butt was in the way, and my age. Otherwise, all is well- no placenta previa, good heart rate, and my sugars/BP/weight all look good. Also, we need to decide whether or not we want a quad screen test, which would look for neural tube defects. They said they'd see on this ultrasound and definitely on the level 2 if there were any, plus there's a fairly high false-positive rate, so I'm thinking no?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts