Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies,

I'm trying to find a good, natural facial cleanser. My skin is normal to dry. I keep trying different ones, but haven't found any keepers yet. Do you have one that you like that you can recommend? If possible, I'd like one that doesn't sting my eyes either (i.e. doesn't say to keep away from eye area).

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Have you tried the Lavender & Geranium one from "Farmaceuticals"? I got mine at the big Providence Wholefoods and I LOVE it. I believe it's made over in Wesport, Ma too. I have a problem with cleansers drying my face out too much and I love it. It's a bit pricey but it last a long time. Good Luck!

·
Registered
466 Posts
i just tried the weleda iris cleansing lotion and it is absolutely wonderful and not over priced. you may want to look what they suggest for normal to dry because my skin is normal to oily. anyway, any of weleda's products are wonderful.

good luck! oh, whole foods has a great return policy. so, if you buy anything there and don't like it, just save your receipt and return it.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommariffic View Post
Burts Bees Lemon and Poppyseed OR the citrus facial scrub! Oh la la
I use their Chamomile and Soap Bark facial cleanser but it has peppermint oil in it and it would probably sting your eyes (but doesn't bother mine). I'm AMAZED at how great my skin has looked since I started using it. I love you Burt (and your bees!).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash - Trader Joe's has it...or order from the manufacturer http://www.desertessence.com/skin-ca...lean-face-wash. A little goes a long way - really helped me with acne... It's vegan too, if that's of interest.

For moisturizer, Common Sense Shea Butter. It contains only Shea Butter and Vitamin E. It sounds pricey ($10.69 for 1.75 oz.) , but a container lasts me for months (using on face, mostly). It is available on drugstore.com (as is the Desert Essence facial wash).http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...91&catid=10401

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Hot water usually. Sometimes I'll get creative and use an oil mixture for oil cleansing (great for getting off makeup, gentle enough for your eye area, and in the sumeer usually no need for a moisturizer) or honey. After years of trying everything I find that less is more. Right now I'm really diggin Egyptian Magic cream. A little pricey ($35 at WF) but a little goes a long way and it's great for cuts and diaper rash too

Your skin is slightly acidic so these neutral cleansers are kinda a joke, IM(not so humble)O. 'They' don't tell you like cleanses like(oil cleanses oil BUT be careful to use a good natural oil and no vaseline!!). I could rant on but, I'll spare you.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
with the honey--do you just put a little in your palm & rub it on? Any kind of natural honey will do? Jojo, what does your oil mixture consist of? Thanks ladies!

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmcleary17 View Post
with the honey--do you just put a little in your palm & rub it on? Any kind of natural honey will do? Jojo, what does your oil mixture consist of? Thanks ladies!
With the honey you can put it in your palm or straight on your wet face. It is best to use raw honey, that way you are getting all of the healing properties. Regular honey from the regular grocery store has been heated and processed.

My oil blend has about 1/2 castor oil, a bit of jojoba, olive oil, EOs of calendula, lavender, and a bit of TTO. This works well for my oily, acne prone skin but, other oils work better for dry skin, etc.

This site helps to explain it better-
http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
John Masters Organics. Either the Rose Foaming Face Wash or Linden Blossom Face Cream Cleanser are good for drier skin and they both are SAFE to use on the eyes to remove eye makeup. Since using JMO, it's the first time in years that my skin hasn't felt on the dry side. It stays fresh and soft all day long.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i love OCM as already posted and personally use jojoba, almond and/or olive oil.

i sometimes do honey mixed with BS if i need to exfoliate.

if you need a good toner you can do ACV and/or TTO (cut with water).

other than some very dry winter days, i rarely ever need moisturizer and my skin has never been healthier!
i will never go back to OTC products if i can help it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.