Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS2 is about 7 weeks old and we've been ECing for a couple weeks - its going really well. I've had good success with the sling - I seem to pick up on his signals easily when he's facing me. But, he's gotten really strong and interested in the world over the last week and has been fighting the sling. I just tried facing him out and he is very happy with the change of scenery. I'm concerned though that I won;t pick up on his signals or that he'll get confused since he's facing away from my body and that is how he potties.

Thoughts?

· Registered
4,374 Posts
how does he signal? does he just get squirmy? if so, he'll probably do that no matter what position you have him in. from what i've read, most babies don't like peeing while being worn and i've found this to be true with my baby.

· Registered
2,152 Posts
We've done OK facing out in the sling also, and with her on my back as well. I give her a potty opp every time I take her out of the sling, and sometimes I take her out for a potty opp if she's been in there a long time. She does squirm signal facing out, too!
It's always possible you'll have a miss but then you'll learn something. I definitely learned something the last time she peed in the carrier! I also have found that she rarely goes in the sling or carrier. In our case, I didn't give her a potty opp at a time when I normally would have. The signal was there, too, but I was talking to her grandpa on the phone!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.