Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANyone else completely in absolute love with the stuff?

Sprouts just opend up about 3/4 mile from me and I found another brand of greek yoghurt and grabbed it without looking and it was the full fat stuff (I normally buy the lowfat or fat free) OMG it is so freaking good. I mixed 1/2 cup with a tablespoon of honey and I am in heaven.

(had to put it back right away so as not to eat 20 grams of fat worth for breakfast...lol)

dh doesn't like it but he doesn't like any yoghurt anyway.

WOO HOO

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yep! Fage's Total Yogurt is totally delicious.
Just a bit is really satisfying too. It is $$$ so I don't buy it too often but when I lived near Trader Joe's it was cheaper there. It is awesome with some honey. My DD loves it too.

-Kelly

·
Registered
624 Posts
I grew up on no-fat/low-fat yogurt, so for me it is too rich and doesn't taste like yogurt it supposed to. However, my mother loooooves it. I get it for her at Trader Joe's and she goes through quite a bit of it a week.

·
Registered
315 Posts
ooooh, I never knew what the difference was (with greek yoghurt). I only recently even noticed it at the store. I will have to get some to make tzaziki (sp? - yoghurt/cucumber dip) - I could eat a pint of the stuff myself, but I bet this will make it even better!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella Babe
ANyone else completely in absolute love with the stuff?

This kind of yoghurt is also very good savoury, not sweet.This is the way it is traditionally eaten in Mediterranean countries and by the way it is not only Greek since the Lebanese and Turks also use it).

Try adding a tiny bit of salt and pour olive oil on it and dip pita bread in it.

OR... thinly slice some cucumbers ,mince a clove of garlic, add a tiny bit of salt and mix with the yoghurt. Pour olive oil on top and sprinkle dried mint on it. This is a Lebanese version of Zatziki.

Or you can use it as a sauce for vegetables. Mix the yoghurt with a little salt, add minced garlic to it and pour over sautéed Zucchinis or Eggplant. In Lebanon they always pour a little olive oil on top of the dish and sprinkle with a little mint.
Another good way is on spinach sautéed with onion and garlic. Pour the above yoghurt sauce on top and sprinkle with Walnuts.
Enjoy!
Lorraine

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Oooh, I've been trying to find some Greek yogurt that is made with goat or sheep's milk, all I can find is made with cow's milk. Like sarahlynne, I want it to make tzatziki sauce.
Though, some of the other things mentioned sound good too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.