Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,430 Posts
I'm getting in on this late but just wanted to give
Having a hnb is sooo hard. My DS was the screaming non sleeping velcro type too and I didn't have a toddler to take care of too.

My suggestion is to find time every day to do something that makes you happy. Sit down and make a list of things that you enjoy doing. When I was in the depths of PPD I couldn't even remember that anything had ever made me happy. Then make DH or someone take both kiddos for a while every day so you can do one of those things.

It does seem like things will never change and it's so hard taking care of a hnb. I know lots of people don't agree with using antidepressants but they really saved my life and made things bearable. It's the worst feeling in the world to hate and love your baby at the same time.

Also, the amby baby hammock allowed me to put him down to sleep. it was worth every penny!!) And DH took way more than his share--many hours every night, so I could sleep. I could have written your post too, plus my DS had heart surgery at 3 months old so it didn't get better for a long while. It was endless hours of getting him to sleep and keeping him asleep. Once we got the amby at around 5.5 months old he'd sleep there for 45 minutes or so, BLISS!!! and then sometimes go back to sleep in the sling for another half hour. He was king of the 15-20 minute naps (even while being held) before that.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.