Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,316 Posts
I'm sorry you are going through this. just a suggestion, maybe you could visit the PPD forum? there are so many nice mamas there ready to offer their advice..

I have not been in your situation, but I think you need someone to help you out more. I don't think that not bf'ing, or crib-sleeping is going to help you, because I think your baby is still too young, and he needs you. If he is a high needs or fussy baby, have you read Dr. Sears fussy baby book?

Also, if he in fact is high needs, then you definetely need more help & time to yourself so that you can cope with this. I recommend pumping and giving that milk to baby if you are about to flip out and need to disconnect.

I'm sorry I don't have any more advice, and I hope it gets better for you.

's

· Registered
6,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bec
I have to say, if you are looking for rest and more time, then pumping is not the answer. It only adds to the time you are tied down, not to mention how difficult it is to pump and run after a toddler (I know from personal experience). It will likely end up being more stressful than just nursing in the first place.

not in my case, actually. My ds is #2, and I work p/t to get out of the house a couple hours a week, and pumping for me is quite relaxing and it does give me a break. when all you want to do (in the OP's case) is to have a break fron nursing, IMO pumping is a good idea, and havind dh feed the bm to baby, so you can go out for a while and clear your head.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.